HDG Hotels owns and operates hotels through out the Southeastern Region. Our company offers health, vision and dental insurance; a 401K match; paid time off; and other benefits in an effort to put our people first. If you are looking to be a part of a team whose vision is to positively impact the people and the world around them, then we are the team for you.POSITION SUMMARY:
HDG's Housekeeping Supervisors are responsible for leading some of the most important teams in our organization, housekeepers. This position requires an individual work can organize, lead by example, and has a willingness to help others without hesitation. Housekeeping supervisors ensure the quality of our rooms is up to standard, in addition to facilitating a welcoming work environment for our housekeeping staff.
In an effort and manner that represent HDG Hotel’s vision, mission and values, this position is primarily responsible to ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness are maintained throughout the hotel. This leader manages the housekeeping and laundry departments efficiently and control costs by performing the following duties.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.ATTENDANCE:
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.COMPETENCIES:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:Interpersonal
- Internal and External Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- External Working Relationships – Develops and maintains courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Managing People - Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Safety and Security –All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
Directly supervises laundry and room attendants. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, scheduling, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance.QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.COMPUTER SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: PMS Rooms Management and related software, Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Presentation software (PowerPoint).PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move more than 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may vary.HDG Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.