General Description: This is a professional position. The incumbent supports and manages business applications used by Department personnel and assist Departments with general technology support and enhancements.
Organization: The System Administrator position is part of Hanover County's Career Development Program (CD). The Systems Administrator Ladder has four (4) levels: Systems Administrator I, II, III and Senior. Incumbents normally report to a Supervisor level position.
- Able to articulate, analyze, and document Department technology issues and needs.
- Develops and manages Department application documentation, training, testing, technical requirements, and business processes/procedures.
- Serves as Department liaison with Department of Information Technology.
- Familiar with applying technology concepts such as change control, application security, data management and retention, and project management.
- Provide Level 1 support to end users, including basic trouble-shooting software and hardware issues.
- Adept at communicating and working with customers, vendors, and management.
- Able to support Department business application.
- Able to work with customers to define reporting requirements and develop reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A. Hazards: None Known
B. Environment: Office
C. Physical Effort: Minimal
D. Exempt Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong customer service orientation. General knowledge of information technology, including computers and software applications. Excellent analytical ability, creative problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skills. Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to work independently and use independent judgment. Able to prioritize multiple tasks and assignment. Adept at working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Education, Experience and Training:
Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, or related field with some technology experience required OR
any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training sufficient to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. Special Conditions:
- Criminal Records Check, including fingerprinting
- Valid Commonwealth of Virginia Driver's License
- Twelve-month probationary period
- May be required to work beyond normal work schedule
- CPS (Child Protective Services) Check – DSS, CSB, Community Resources and Court Services Only
- Mandatory Participant in the Citizen Emergency Response On-call Plan (DSS ONLY)
Revision: November 2018