You haven't searched anything yet.
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives - and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It's also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for the evaluation and treatment of individuals with communication and swallowing disorders within the scope of practice as defined by the State Department of New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs. The speech language pathologist is engaged in the processes of coordination, education,communication and documentation to ensure that the patient/client receives comprehensive, individualized and evidence based services. Settings may include inpatient (acute & rehab) and/or outpatient. The position may rotate to other services as per the program guidelines. The incumbent also performs other professional duties and participates in department/facility/network initiatives based on needs and opportunity.
A day in the life of a Speech Pathologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Prepares for the evaluation of the patient/client in accordance with departmental policies/procedures and standards of practice including obtaining patient history, administering appropriate tests and measurements accurately and efficiently. Exhibits knowledge and understanding of patient/client's diagnoses. Integrates and synthesizes evaluation results, behavioral observations and information obtained from history to develop diagnostic impressions, goals and makes recommendations based on findings. 2. Establishes a plan of care with the client/patient/family based on functional, measurable, and realistic long and short term goals.3. Performs all functions associated with the execution of therapeutic treatment for all age groups within the department's responsibility. Treatment reflects age and developmentally appropriate activities determined through analysis of data. Uses a systematic approach to clinical decision making.4. Utilizes reassessment to modify goals, progress treatment, or recommend discontinuation of therapy. 5. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.) including referral of the patient/client to another health care professional or healthcare services.6. Documentation is in accordance with policies and procedures. Collects and records accurate data/information in a manner that reflects an understanding of reimbursement systems and their impact on patient care. Records charges based on services provided. 7. Lifts a minimum of 50 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.8. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.9. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies, standards of behavior, and departmental policies and procedures
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Master's Degree in speech-language pathology from an accredited institution.2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.3. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Doctoral Degree in speech-language pathology from an accredited institution.2. Experience preferred, CF/entry level acceptable.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Must possess or be eligible for Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology issued by the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association.2. Eligible for temporary or possesses permanent license in the State of New Jersey as a Speech-Language Pathologist.3. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification for new hires starting 01/01/2024.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. Specialty certifications.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.
Ambulatory Healthcare Services
50 - 100
ROSE F HAYET MD
$10M - $50M
Ambulatory Healthcare Services
Hackensack Meridian Health is a leading not-for-profit health care organization that is the largest, most comprehensive and truly integrated health care network in New Jersey, offering a complete range of medical services, innovative research and life-enhancing care. Hackensack Meridian Health comprises 17 hospitals from Bergen to Ocean counties, which includes three academic medical centers Hackensack University Medical Center in Hackensack, Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune, JFK Medical Center in Edison; two childrens hospitals - Joseph M. Sanzari Childrens Hospital in Hacke...nsack, K. Hovnanian Childrens Hospital in Neptune; nine community hospitals Bayshore Medical Center in Holmdel, Mountainside Medical Center in Montclair, Ocean Medical Center in Brick, Palisades Medical Center in North Bergen, Pascack Valley Medical Center in Westwood, Raritan Bay Medical Center in Old Bridge, Raritan Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, Riverview Medical Center in Red Bank, and Southern Ocean Medical Center in Manahawkin; a behavioral health hospital Carrier Clinic in Belle Mead; and two rehabilitation hospitals - JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute in Edison and Shore Rehabilitation Institute in Brick. Additionally, the network has more than 500 patient care locations throughout the state which include ambulatory care centers, surgery centers, home health services, long-term care and assisted living communities, ambulance services, lifesaving air medical transportation, fitness and wellness centers, rehabilitation centers, urgent care centers and physician practice locations. Hackensack Meridian Health has more than 35,000 team members, and 7,000 physicians and is a distinguished leader in health care philanthropy, committed to the health and well-being of the communities it serves.