“Global Reach with a personal touch”, that’s the foundation on which four partners (and long-time friends) agreed to when they started Green Worldwide Shipping back in 2008. This ethos has allowed Green to grow to a 200 strong team with 15 offices across the US and growing.
At green we are a family of innovative problem-solvers who communicate freely to present creative solutions in an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. We are dedicated to customer service, passionate about logistics, and committed to sustainable growth while inspiring others.
Why this role is special..
In this role, you will be responsible for receiving, replenishment, and put-away in the inventory management department and Shipping of Less Than Truckload (LTF), Full Truckload (FTL) Freight and Export shipments. You will also be crucial in investigating any Ghost or Damaged Inventory. You will be making sure that the stock is available for our customers, so that we can deliver timely the very best to Every Customer, Every Shipment, Every Time, Green’s 34 Fundamentals will be front and foremost to the Warehouse & Forklift Specialist role. You can find more details about them here: https://www.greenworldwide.com/meet-green-worldwide/.
How you will be successful…
- Ensuring proper receiving, replenishment, and putaway/dock to stock policies.
- Ensuring proper use and safety of forklift and other equipment operations.
- Unloading and receive/stage all incoming trucks and Import Containers.
- Receiving product as per Service Level Agreement.
- Inspecting pallets and products for defects and damages.
- Replenishing of product from storage locations to pick locations.
- Putaway/Dock to Stock of product from inbound dock to storage and pick locations. 8) Organizes items of pallet.
- Re-packing and re-organizing product in storage and pick locations.
- Organizing stocks and maintaining inventory.
- Organizing warehouse space.
- Performing machinery checks per company and safety guidelines.
- Assisting with packing, loading & Shipping of LTL & FTL and Export Containers.
- Assisting with Cycle Counts.
- Transferring Inventory between Client or SKU as needed.
- Creating and running various reports, including stock status of product, backorder and replenishment reports, and end of day reports, paying attention to the details.
- Collaborating with other team members
- Maintaining neat, clean, and orderly warehouse appearance
- Ensuring proper and full time use of any Personal Protective Equipment.
- Assisting in maintaining the sanitation, security, and safety of the warehouse.
- Adhering to all company policies and safety procedures and guidelines.
- Contributing ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures to find a better way.
What you will bring….
- High school diploma required; one year of related experience in shipping and receiving.
- Having a strong warehouse background.
- Having strong Forklift experience with sit down fork truck and stand-up reach truck. In house forklift certification will be provided by company trainer.
- Ability to demonstrate a willingness to being a lifelong learner by working on yourself.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work extended hours/over-time as needed.
- Ability to Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment, or willingness to be trained to operate this equipment.
- Organized thought process with high attention to detail with ability to produce accurate results, effective prioritization to meet scheduled deadlines, acting with a sense of urgency when needed and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to respond to time-critical issues and work overtime as needed to meet deadlines.
- Have an excellent work ethic and ability to work self-directed and as a think team first.
- Professional attitude and the ability to represent the company with integrity.
- Ability to adapt to change in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Experience using a PC with computer software packages, including Warehouse Management Systems, Microsoft Office and communicating effectively via email and phone frequently required
- Moderate noise level in the work environment.
- Work environment is indoors.
- Warehouse temperatures may vary depending on outside temperatures.
- Sight: Must be able to see well enough to read product lot numbers and expiration dates, read reports, and use a computer.
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person or via technology, and to hear warning signals of forklifts and warehouse equipment.
- Standing: Must be able to stand for shift duration.
- Walking: Must be able to walk on foot to complete job duties.
- Mobility: Must be able to be mobile to operate warehouse machinery.
- Sitting: Must be able to sit for shift duration.
- Stooping, Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel for short periods of time.
- Lifting: Must be able to lift 30 lbs. – 50 lbs.
- Hand Mobility: Must be able to have mobility in hands to open and seal packaging, utilize keyboard functions, and utilize phone systems.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
All reasonable accommodations will be considered for candidates with disabilities to enable them to successfully complete the essential job duties.