Do you want a career that is fulfilling and enriches the lives of those who need it most? Glenkirk is looking for leaders to be a part of our Community Day Services team!
BASIC FUNCTION: Supports daily health and wellness opportunities for both residential and day services divisions by coordinating, executing and overseeing community integration initiatives that foster and support healthy lifestyles for individuals served.
SCOPE: Participates in developing, organizing and implementing community integrated programming that supports an active and healthy lifestyle for individuals in the residential and day programs. This position partners with Program Managers in both program divisions (Day and Residential) to ensure consistent community programming of a high quality focused on health and wellness.
- Coordinate and execute day-to-day community outings in
Residential and Day Program Divisions. These community
activities must focus on improving the health and wellness of
individuals. This includes planning activities, attending activities,
coordinating staff involvement, organizing transportation and
completing all necessary documentation to ensure a successful
and safe activity.
- Actively promote Glenkirk’s mission by creating
relationships with community venues that will partner with
- Prepare and review costs, including accounting of funds and
completing cash reports. This includes monthly and annual
budgeting for community integration.
- Education: B.A. in Human Services or a related field.
- Experience: One year of experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, preferred. A valid IL driver’s license is required.
- Knowledge: Demonstrated ability to work with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities; ability to work effectively and cooperatively with administration, staff, and persons external to the programs; established professional leadership skills; demonstrated analytical ability; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical requirements: Able to lift 44lbs; able to lift and move non- & semi-ambulatory individuals with the assistance of mechanical devices (i.e. Hoyer lift, gait belt, etc.); assist individuals on/off the bus/van; able to move boxes and/or furniture for cleaning, climb ladder, or step stool, as required.