About the Role
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will be improving Glassdoor's security posture and keeping our platform safe for millions of customers around the world! We are looking for someone skilled within Cybersecurity design and implementation of cloud-centric systems and services with multifaceted security requirements. You will partner closely with our internal teams, vendors, and external testers, so proven communication skills are a must. This role is a superb opportunity to be a security champion and drive secure deployment and operations with an enterprise-wide impact!
What You'll Do:
- Design, deploy, manage, and improve critical cloud-centric security infrastructure services/tools for authentication and authorization, PKI, secrets management, logging, detection, vulnerability management and application security
- Own and improve our cloud security posture management
- Partner with multi-functional teams to ensure technology implementation and product development methodology align to information security policies and improve security posture
- Translate industry frameworks and standards into security controls to ensure our technology implementation and product development methodology aligns with our information security policies and improves risk posture
- Protect valuable information and maintain the confidentiality and integrity of data
- Own and improve process and procedural documentation
- Assist with daily activities and functions of the team (including security operations and incident response) to maintain security posture as well as policy and compliance commitments
What You'll Bring:
- Deep experience (5 years) in security engineering and operations is a must, and in cloud-based product environments is highly preferred
- Relevant industry certifications like AWS, CEH, or GCIH certification are preferred
- Deep knowledge and familiarity with Cybersecurity Framework, including NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, CIS Top 20, MITRE ATT&CK, and OWASP Top Ten
- Must have hands-on expertise operating in an AWS environment with proficiency in architecture and security capabilities in the cloud
- Experience in one or more of these domains is a plus: intrusion detection, incident response, malware analysis, forensics, vulnerability management or container security
- Familiarity with automation techniques using AWS lambda, Python, or similar is helpful
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment and optimally collaborate across teams
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills that clearly articulate to both a technical and functional audience
Compensation and Benefits
Base Salary Range*: $140k - 210K
- Glassdoor base salaries are targeted to the market 75th percentile for technical roles and the 65th percentile for non-technical roles. In other words, 65-75% of comparable organizations in our industry will pay less.
Annual Bonus Target**: 10%
**Bonuses are paid in 6-month intervals, aligning with bi-annual performance reviews
Generous Restricted Stock Units (RSU):
***Restricted Stock Units (RSU) are awarded at hire and may be refreshed annually. Additionally, as a pay-for-performance company, RSU grant awards are presented bi-annually to exceptional performers.
You can learn more about our compensation philosophy here and see salary ranges for all Glassdoor jobs here.
Health and Wellness: 100% employer-paid premiums for employee medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, select well-being programs, along with 80% employer-paid premiums for all dependents.
- Generous paid time off programs for birthing and non-birthing parents are provided, along with paid injury/illness leave and paid family emergency leave.
- Coverage begins at the start of employment. After 48 months of continuous employment, 100% of all premiums for you and your dependents can be employer-paid!
Work/Life Balance: Open Paid Time Off policy, in addition to 15-20 paid company holidays/year
Investing in Your Future: 401(k) plan with a company match up to $5,000 per year, subsidized fertility and family planning services, and discounted legal assistance services.