Gigamon is an enterprise network security company focused on building capabilities that empower our customers to detect and track adversaries in real-time. Our mission is to use the power of information to detect, track and dismantle hackers' means of attacking our customers. Our team has seen all sides of the equation, as attackers and defenders, and the complex engineering required to solve these problems at scale. Our SAAS solution helps security professionals get an unparalleled view into their networks, perform forensics on security incidents and build effective early warning systems.
We are growing our sensor team with talented Software Developers that share our values, bring innovation, and want to make an impact while building a future for themselves. We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer for our sensor development team. You will work with a team of talented engineers based in the United States and Canada. Our sensors are physical, virtual, or cloud-based appliances that our customers deploy on their networks but are fully managed remotely by the Gigamon Threat Insight Team. Sensors are responsible for analyzing traffic and generating real-time security-related metadata on high-speed networks.
* Build robust, fault-tolerant, low-footprint sensor software running on different Linux distributions and CPU architectures, which could be on the cloud or on-premises.
* Design and write high-quality and high-performance code in a multi-threaded/multi-process environment
* Create design specifications and review with peers
* Engineer solutions to maintain high SLAs in a rapidly evolving production environment.
* Monitor and troubleshoot core sensor platform issues.
*Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure proper integration
* Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer science or equivalent
* 3 years of professional software engineering experience.
* Experience in software development with C , Java, or Golang (Golang preferred)
* Familiarity with software engineering modeling and concepts.
* Familiarity with Linux operating system concepts and networking.
* Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
* Familiarity with networking concepts and basic troubleshooting, using tools such as tcpdump
* Experience deploying, monitoring, and maintaining Linux-based systems.
* Familiarity with version control tools such as GIT
* Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline
* Flexible work and vacation schedule
* 100% Remote work
* Competitive pay and benefits
* Company bonus
* Great company culture (Gigamon is a certified great place to work in several countries)
Gigamon is an equal opportunity company, we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
The job skills required for Sr. Software Engineer include Java, Computer science, Software Development, AWS, Futures,and Software Engineering etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Sr. Software Engineer. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Sr. Software Engineer. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.