Job Title: Regional Manager
Wage Status: Exempt
Reports To: Executive Vice President and/or Chief Operating Officer
General Job Description Purpose:
The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position of Regional Manager. It should also be noted that responsibilities and duties might not be specifically addressed.
General Position Summary:
The Regional Manager is a field employee with management responsibility for several properties within an area. These responsibilities include the total operation of the property, the implementation and follow through of high maintenance standards, the satisfactory financial performance of the property, and a high standard of owner/manager relations.
· Hiring, training, supervising and reviewing the site property manager.
· Visiting the assigned properties frequently.
· Preparing and implementing annual operating budgets.
· Reviewing monthly operating statements.
· Conducting scheduled and unscheduled property inspections.
· Ensuring full property compliance with all FCM policies, and the program regulations of EEOC, Fair Housing, OSHA, EPA, and standard industry practices.
· Implementing marketing and maintenance programs.
· Contracting with independent contractors when necessary.
· Communicating with owners as required.
Education, Knowledge, Skills
· Prefer a minimum of high school degree, some college preferred.
· Seven years prior experience in property management;
· CAPS®, CPM®, CAM®,ARM® designation preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills providing for effective communication with residents, employees, peers, vendors, owners, etc. and to assist in efficient operations.
· Bi-lingual abilities (written and verbal) may be required based on specific needs of assigned property portfolio.
· Computer software experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, YARDI®, and related.
· Basic understanding of Landlord/Tenant laws and application, familiarity with state specific Lease and Addendums, Fair Housing/ADA regulations and application, OSHA & EPA requirements for property management industry.
A portion of typical work day is spent in office handling paperwork, computer transactions, correspondence, and employee / resident / owner meetings. The other parts of the day require constant physical inspections of assigned communities, walking up/down stairs and covering multi-terrain landscape of property. Local travel requires operable personal vehicle and valid driver’s license. Out of state travel may be occasionally required depending upon assignment of property portfolio.
The job skills required for Regional Manager include Property Management, Responsibility, Verbal Communication, outlook etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Regional Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Regional Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.