Assists the Front Office Manager in administering front office functions and supervising staff on a daily basis. Front office areas include Bell/Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Position directs and works with managers and employees to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out process. Ensures guest and employee satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Supervises and manages employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
Monitoring and Supporting Progress Toward Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Collaborates with the Front Office Manager on ways to continually improve departmental service.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office goals to produce desired results.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans based on review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Displays outstanding hospitality skills.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Interacts with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
• Ensures compliance with all Front Office policies, standards and procedures.
• Monitors adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Functions in place of the Front Office Manager in his/her absence.
• Communicates critical information from pre- and post-convention meetings to the Front Office staff.
• Participates in department meetings.
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott allows guests to travel with confidence by giving them just what they need at an exceptional value. As a member of our team you'll deliver outstanding service so travel is easy, comfortable and productive for our guests. Find Your World™ at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott.
1,000 - 3,000
$50M - $200M
The job skills required for Duty Manager include Customer Service, Guest Service, Front office, Coaching, Communication Skills, Mentoring, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Duty Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Duty Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
Customer ServiceView Jobs
Guest ServiceView Jobs
Front officeView Jobs
Communication SkillsView Jobs
The following is the career advancement route for Duty Manager positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Duty Manager, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Retail Store Planning and Construction Director that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Duty Manager. You can explore the career advancement for a Duty Manager below and select your interested title to get hiring information.