We are ALL passionate about sustainability, and you are too. You have a strong desire to impact the planet we live on positively, and so do we. What we do is meaningful to the world, and let's face it, it's an EV revolution, and you want to be a part of it! Why not choose a rapidly growing industry leader?! If you're looking to make a change, we encourage you to power your career with EverCharge!
What sets us apart?
Our patented SmartPower technology maximizes existing building infrastructures by intelligently allocating power where and when needed. We can install 15 times more charging stations to multi-dwelling units and commercial fleets while eliminating expensive infrastructure additions. In short, we can install more charging stations at a fraction of the cost to our customers, EV owners and operators no longer have to experience the wait, and we further our mission to make EV adoption even more of a possibility for everyone!
Our Senior Software Engineer, DevOps
Will make a significant impact on a small, close-knit team and help form the technical direction of the EverCharge Cloud Platform. High on the list of our values are creativity, curiosity, and a willingness to own cloud platform features from design to implementation and monitoring.
Our cloud platform is a collection of APIs and applications deployed on AWS and written in Python and TypeScript. Frameworks and tools used include Flask, Redis, Celery workers, and PostgreSQL. Other APIs are built with Lambda using EventBridge eventing (fronted by API Gateway), and we use Pulumi for Infrastructure-as-Code. Other tools include Fargate, dedicated EC2 instances, and Nginx.
- Own the DevOps function of the Cloud Platform team—infrastructure, CI/CD, developer tooling
- Continue our infrastructure-as-code initiative to have all AWS resources under management using Pulumi
- Interface closely with database engineers to prioritize scalability and fault tolerance of our database infrastructure
- Build deployment tooling (apps) for use by the larger team
- Engage with third party vendors and SaaS providers to extend our cloud capabilities in a secure and cost efficient manner
- Manage our VPN infrastructure and provide continuous enhancement and consolidation of ad hoc resources
- Administer SSO across AWS accounts and tie into various IDP backends
- Implement on-call management services such as PagerDuty and connect alerting mechanisms
- Code reviews of core cloud team members with a focus on reliable and efficient infrastructure deployments
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree or commensurate experience
- Extensive track record of successful AWS infrastructure deployments
- Expert knowledge of serverless and on-demand virtual computing environments
- Experience in or expert knowledge of API Gateway v1 and v2, Lambda functions, SQS, RDS, VPCs and VPC Peering connections
- Demonstrated experience with VPN connections and appliance configuration
- Proficiency with Linux command line and utilities
- Expert-level familiarity with internet plumbing technologies and protocols including but not limited to: DNS, HTTP, TLS, CIDR
- Interest in and willingness to experiment with new technologies outside of core responsibilities
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation for publication internally and externally
- AWS IoT Core experience
- Bare metal networking experience
- Integration Platform as a Service (IPaaS) implementation experience
- Humility, Respect, Trust
At EverCharge, our employees enjoy:
- Health insurance (choose from 3 PPOs, including a 100% employer paid option)
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage options for your dependents (employee cost)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option
- 401k retirement
- 11 paid holidays
- floating holidays