Sorry! This job is no longer available. Please explore similar jobs listed on the left.
EMPLOYERS Insurance Group (EIG) is Hiring a Territory Manager | NY and VT Near New York, NY
TERRITORY MANAGER | New York and Vermont
Preference given to candidates in Upstate New York with P&C carrier sales and/or underwriting experience.
As a dynamic, fast-growing provider of workers' compensation insurance and services, we are seeking a goal-oriented individual willing to put their ideas to work!
We offer a positive, challenging work environment, combined with an opportunity to build your career as you help us grow our business, in innovative and imaginative ways that are uniquely EMPLOYERS®!
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, EMPLOYERS attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our employees across the United States. EMPLOYERS is known for the quality service and expertise we provide to our clients, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees.
We live and breathe our core values: Integrity, Customer Focus, Collaboration, Initiative, Accountability, Innovation, and Personal Fulfillment. These are the pillars that support how we do business with our clients as well as how we treat each other!
At EMPLOYERS, you’ll discover an energetic environment that inspires top achievement. As “America’s small business insurance specialist”, we have the resources, a solid reputation and an expanding nationwide identity to enrich your work/life and enhance your career.
The Territory Manager will be responsible for providing a sales leadership role for all sales and producer management processes. This position will work in cooperation with the EMPLOYERS’ Sales Plan and the Underwriting Plan to support, assist and provide guidance to focus our sales effort on business opportunities that are consistent with our underwriting and financial objectives, as well as our mission and vision statements.
- Assists the region in meeting or exceeding premium goals in a focused, efficient and profitable manner consistent with our financial goals.
- Creates and sustains a producer management process that prioritizes our customer focus.
- Monitors and evaluates our external market for new products and processes.
- Assists with the development of education and training programs for our customers, our underwriters, our loss control consultants and our claims examiners in order to improve efficiency, sales and financial results.
- Completes annual producer profiles and confirms that appropriate action plans are established.
- Operates in cooperation with our internal organization in developing new automated efficiencies, on-line products and improved customer communications. Maximizes usage of all current online systems, products and services.
- Performs necessary and regular agency calls in order to maximize production efforts and to keep the producers up to date on company products and services. Assists in the development of the producer/underwriter relationship.
- Actively prospects quality new appointments and terminates those agencies that do not meet the needs of the company as agreed.
- Acts as a facilitator, trainer and problem solver in working with agencies. Follows-up on outstanding eAccess issues to make sure critical concerns are properly resolved.
- Conducts agency audits on a scheduled basis as needed. Recommends appropriate action based on audit results.
- National travel on a regular basis is required.
- Produces a monthly report identifying key trends in competition and individual producer information verifying the producer management process.
- Develops and coordinates producer functions to facilitate production and company/producer relationships.
- The Territory Manager acts in conjunction with: •The corporate business appetite and underwriting to provide and monitor the amount and quality of new opportunities.
- Works with Loss Control, Underwriting, Claims to coordinate the attainment of our production plan.
- Makes selection decisions in the field to facilitate the quality and quantity of new business application flow.
- Other duties as assigned or as situation dictates.
Minimum Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five years of insurance and/or sales experience.
- A Territory Manager is capable of working with limited direction.
- A technical problems solver with enough workers’ compensation rating bureau knowledge to discuss and solve audit, collection and some underwriting problems.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid state driver's license and good driving record
- Strong organizational skills
- This focused and goal-oriented position requires someone who possesses sales skills and who can influence others through strong negotiation techniques.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and represent the Company professionally, both internally and externally.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Preferred, But Not Required
- Proven sales skills in the workers comp/insurance industry
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Sits for periods of time.
- Frequent use of PC and Keyboard and phone.
- Travel throughout the territory via car or air for extended periods of time