Job Title: Finance Manager Full Time
U.S. Citizenship Required
Relocation allowance included (based on location)
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
We are seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to lead our accounting team. This person will report to senior leadership and be responsible for building and improving the accounting functions at ESAero including financial reporting, closing process, audits, tax, DCAA compliance, AOP, and business process controls. This role will require deep expertise in accounting, practical problem-solving skills, and a good balance between strategic thinking and a willingness to roll up sleeves and dive into the details. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and enjoys a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Directing all aspects of accounting functions, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting
- Produce consolidated financial statements in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and related internal financial reports on a timely basis
- Lead the accounting team and develop and implement a scalable process and drive financial close improvements and timeline.
- Support the development and implementation of annual company rates and cost drivers to support government contracting/proposals
- Ensure compliance with government accounting rules as set forth by Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) to include submission of annual Incurred Cost Submission (ICE), job costing, supporting audits, provisional rate submissions, and other requirements as needed.
- Cash flow management with regular reporting to the CFO
- Coordinate the annual AOP process
- Serve as the company's expert on accounting matters and provide guidance on technical accounting decisions and associated documentation
- Conduct internal risk assessments and processes in the organization to ensure appropriate business controls are maintained
- Coordinate with outside CPA firm to complete independent annual audits
- Coordinate with outside CPA firm to prepare federal, state, and local tax returns and related information
- 5 years combined experience in public accounting and industry
- Experience building and leading an accounting team and infrastructure in a highly entrepreneurial, rapidly growing environment
- Experience with ERP implementations (Netsuite) and driving change management with Product, Engineering, and cross-functional stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of and proficiency with current accounting rules, compliance, and technical accounting; maintains a bias toward adoption of best practices
- Must be able to effectively communicate with senior leadership
- 4 Year Degree in Accounting Required
Required Skills, Knowledge & Judgment:
- A sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Business Accounting principles and software
- QuickBooks Online experience or equivalent
- DCAA knowledge and experience
- MS Office principles and software
- IT fundamentals, principles, software
- Internet fundamentals, principles, software
- Contracting (government and commercial) principles
- Analysis and Synthesis: to understand all manner of issues and develop solutions
- Auditing principles
- Project Management principles and software
- Accounts Receivable/Payable
- Contract Tracking and Cashflow
- Resource tracking, time and materials
- Support staff members in the office
- Company cashflow analysis and projections
- Ability to identify, collect data and manage key performance measurements
- Ability to motivate staff
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with the Operations team, Project Management, Finance, Senior Leadership, Suppliers, and Customers.
Ability to analyze and solve problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Must be able to work with Senior Leadership and staff to provide information for optimization of organizational performance.
Work will be conducted in an ON SITE office environment, this is NOT a remote position.
*Relocation stipend negotiable