Element has an opportunity for a Chemistry Technician Intern for testing, sample preparation and delivery/collection of samples and preparation of test reports.
- Analysis of water-physical, chemical and microbiological parameters
- Analysis of ores and minerals
- Analysis of water, soil, aggregates, concrete and scale samples
- Operation of equipment like pH / EC / TDS meters, UV-visible spectrophotometers, ovens, furnaces, incubators, fusion machines
- Prepare the reagents, standard solution and ensure standardisation of the solution used in the laboratory
- Handling and storage all chemicals as per the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Managing the calibration of glass wares and the instruments
- Performance of qualitative and quantitative laboratory tests and analysis of other substances as per standard method
- Issue reports and receive samples to and from the respective entities
- Involvement in site and field testing with various international standards or in-house procedures
- Ensure work compliance to ISO 17025 requirements
- Coordinating with the other technicians in the team to carry out work as per the planning schedule
- Manual handling of samples
- General maintenance, cleaning and checking of equipment
- Working to all HSE standards
- Interaction with clients during witnessed testing
- Generating test reports for clients (data entry, quality assurance)
- Ensuring compliance to all Element Material Technology quality standards
- Driving to customer site to collect samples and / or conduct testing at their lab on a regular / daily basis
- Willing to assist in other activities from time to time that may be requested by the department manager to assist in the execution of Element Material Technology annual targets and budget
Skills / Qualifications
- Have a diploma / degree in chemistry with at least 2 years experience in similar role
- Have the ability to work in teams under pressure and flexible to work different working hours (night / day) shifts if required or necessary
- Good English communication skills: reading, writing, speaking
- Good maths skills
- Knowledge and experience of safe operation of testing equipment and operating in an independent / chemistry / consultant laboratory
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 7,500 brilliant minds operating from 200 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to ‘Make tomorrow safer than today’.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, race, religion, responsibility of dependents, sexual orientation, or gender identity or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.