You haven't searched anything yet.
Echelon Wine Bar is seeking part-time instructors to educate guests about wine in a fun, interactive classroom environment. Teaching is the most effective method of learning, so if you are interested in continuing your own wine-learning journey, this is a perfect opportunity to share your passion with others.
Echelon Wine Bar has built a full library of curriculum based upon various wine regions, styles and varieties in support of its instructors. Instructors conduct the following tasks:
1) Research the wines to be tasted
2) Ensure thorough preparation and knowledge of the educational material
3) Set up and take down the classroom before and after each class
4) Lead customer learning by presenting the material
5) Engaging in and encouraging conversation and answering questions.
Instructors are expected to teach a minimum of 3-4 approximately one-hour classes per month. Additional setup and break down times required plus research and review time. Estimated total time per class 5 hours.
Successful candidates will have the following required qualifications:
- Minimum WSET Level 3, CSW, CMS Certified Sommelier or equivalent certification or experience-based knowledge
- Ability to accurately convey information and engage customers in a classroom setting
- Motivation to research and prepare for the classroom presentation to ensure a positive customer experience
- Willingness to do a variety of tasks, from leading classroom engagement to setting glasses and cleaning tables following class
The following qualifications are desirable but not mandatory:
- Experience as a teacher, instructor or instructional designer
- Experience in the wine industry
- Experience in the food and beverage industry
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
Work Location: In person