Who We Are
Founded in 2004, Dynamic Engineering Consultants, P.C., and its Family of Companies; Dynamic Earth, Dynamic Survey, and Dynamic Traffic, has emerged as one of the top Land Development Consulting Firms in the nation. Originating in New Jersey, the firm has grown to over 300 employees and 12 offices nationally. Dynamic caters to the demands of various Fortune 500 Companies, as well as an array of independent owners and developers of all sizes. We have built our company to offer a unique consulting experience paralleled with an understanding of the design and permitting process for all forms of commercial, industrial and residential development. At Dynamic, we pride ourselves in offering a fun and exciting career by investing in our employees with elite training programs that lead to advancement opportunities.
The Dynamic Intern is responsible for the due diligence investigations as well as preliminary design and engineering analyses of various types of retail, commercial, industrial and residential site layouts throughout regions where we do business.
- Review municipal zoning and land development ordinances and applicable agency regulations to determine land development limitations for the property.
- Prepare Site Investigation and Due Diligence Reports to include the review of ordinances, utility service research, outside agency regulations and site visits to establish comprehensive development guidelines.
- Prepare Conceptual Site Plans.
- Prepare preliminary Grading Plans and Design.
- Design of Stormwater Management and Stormwater Conveyance Systems, Utility Systems and Soil Erosion and Sediment Control Design Plans.
- Prepare technical reports including drainage, sanitary sewer and site investigation reports.
- Prepare written correspondence to outside agencies, client, attorney, contractor, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering at a College/University, or pursuing a degree in a related field with relevance to Civil Engineering.
- 0-2 years’ experience in Civil Site Engineering (residential and/or commercial/industrial/office site design and permitting experience).
- Valid driver’s license, valid personal insurance, & a personal vehicle to travel to various sites during a given work day (not the company will reimburse you for the miles traveled for the company)
- Ability to maintain and operate personal and/or company vehicle.
- Familiar with the use of AutoCAD to assist in the production of site plan drawings.
- General knowledge of Hydraulic and Stormwater Design Programs.
- Design and drafting capabilities.
- Grading and drainage design skills.
- General knowledge of the available mapping websites for due diligence and site investigation purposes.
- General knowledge of the following design tools for site engineering:
- Hydrology Software i.e. Hydraflow, HydroCAD, PondPack
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Hydraulic Software i.e. Hydraflow, StormCAD, Storm and Sanitary Analysis (SSA)
- Gravity Flow – Hydraulic Analysis, Manning’s Equation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Software including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- General knowledge of Bluebeam Revu and/or Adobe to prepare design document markups.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Independent and critical thinking abilities.
- Self-starter who can work independently and with team members.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation plan including medical, dental, and vision options, 401k with company match, paid holidays, PTO, tuition reimbursement and more. We strive to provide a great company culture consisting of a variety of team building events: trivia nights, softball and volleyball leagues, mini golf tournaments, BBQ’s, happy hours, poker nights, catered breakfast on Fridays, surfboard lending programs, and much more.