St. Joseph Healthcare, a member of Covenant Health, is seeking a Per Diem Physician for its Emergency Department @ St. Joseph’s Hospital in Bangor, Maine.
- Scheduled as needed, in a per diem capacity; opportunity to pick up additional shifts within local system
- Single Physician coverage with 5 hours of overlap & double PA coverage during peak hours
- Qualified candidates will have completed a US-based Emergency Medicine fellowship and possess a minimum of 1-year clinical experience, Board certification at time of hire is preferred
- Patient-centered model with emphasis on spending quality time with patients
- Highly supportive, collegial work environment; leaders are invested in personal and professional growth/balance for all Providers
- Candidates must be certified and licensed with the Maine Board of Licensure in Medicine or able to obtain State of Maine Licensure
St Joseph Healthcare, a member of Covenant Health, has been a pillar of healing in the Bangor, Maine community for nearly 75 years. Founded in 1947 by the Felician Sisters, this Catholic health ministry focuses on providing healing and care for the whole person, in a values-driven, not-for-profit healthcare setting. The commitment to quality care and patient satisfaction at St Joseph’s is second to none, in large part due to the mission-based approach that is leveraged in Practices and within the Bangor community. A modern, accredited 112- bed acute care hospital, 4 Family Medicine practices and a state-of-the-art Internal Medicine campus comprise the healthcare suite within the Greater Bangor area.
Bangor, the geographic center of Maine, is home to nationally acclaimed Universities, a revitalized downtown filled with shops, restaurants, microbreweries and fine arts attractions for all ages. The surrounding towns allow for a variety of living experiences and are home to Award Winning elementary and high school systems. An International airport and proximity to Boston makes personal and professional travel efficient and affordable. Bangor’s unique, 4 season location also provides robust opportunities for year-round outdoor activities. On any given day you can enjoy hiking in Acadia National Park, skiing at Sugarloaf Mountain, or climbing Mt. Katahdin. Affectionately known as “Vacationland”, thousands of tourists travel to the area each Summer to experience camping, hiking, cycling and boating. Maine’s rugged coastline and water access also allows for a myriad of watersports including lake & sea kayaking, waterskiing, stand up paddle boarding, fly & spin cast fishing, as well as winter activities like snowmobiling, ice fishing and snowshoeing.
For more information, please contact Lisa Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org; (207)907-1732.
St Joseph’s Healthcare, in conjunction with Covenant Health, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.