You haven't searched anything yet.
At Marriott International, our vision and goal is to become the world’s favorite travel companyWe celebrate the dreamers who make their own mark, and with good reason. Our success is measured by the joy and satisfaction we bring our customers. Our world class Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program, portfolio of 8000 properties across the globe and 30 brands makes us a leader in the travel & hospitality space. Being world class is possibly only through being able to hire and retain the best talent.
At Marriott, our success is measured by the joy and satisfaction we bring our customers. Much of that success is driven by our knowledge of our customers, and how we provide personalized experiences and member benefits that can be enjoyed by staying at one of our 8,000 properties or taking advantage of exclusive travel experiences and the amenities offered at one of our 30 brands. We are looking for a highly dynamic and hands on technical architect to join our Global Technology - Enterprise architecture team. This individual will be responsible for helping to define, advance and execute the technology future of our Customer platforms.
This includes extending and modernizing our Customer architecture and strategy to enable greater levels of business innovation, scale and services to enable better customer identification at the time of interaction and leveraging customer profile and interaction data to personalize our customers’ experiences to delight and surprise with unique offerings, and confidence that their personal data is secure and their privacy is respected.
This individual will collaborate across various domains to create integrated Customer solutions exposed through partners, web, mobile, smart devices and voice channels. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of designing, building, and implementing architectures that are highly scalable, resilient, secure and flexible. This individual will work with architects, software-designers and delivery leads across the organization to extend and introduce new technology into our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms.
Education and Experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Defining the Future-State Customer Architecture & Supporting Customer Business Projects
Enterprise Planning & Execution
Cross-Training, Technology Research, and Proof-of-Concepts
Building Successful Relationships
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
• Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
• Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively acts and goes beyond what is required.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
• Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Developing Others - Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
• Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
o Technical Intelligence: Knowledge and ability to define and apply appropriate technology to enhance business process
o Development Methodologies: Knowledge of general stages of SDLC framework and the application tiers within the development space.
o Information Security: Knowledge of the security considerations relevant within the development space, including industry best practices related to information security
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
If you are interested in becoming a Solution Architect, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Solution Architect for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Solution Architect job description and responsibilities
A solution architect also translates this vision to a coding team to build a highly tailored product to the enterprise’s needs and requirements.
01/02/2022: Omaha, NE
A solution architect operates at the strategic level.
02/14/2022: New Brunswick, NJ
Being aware of data, the solution architect figures out what structural elements will compose the system and defines how they will collaborate.
01/14/2022: Cleveland, OH
Having a clear vision for the project, and a clear understanding of the client’s business needs, a solutions architect maps out the parts that will constitute the software solution and how they are going to work together.
02/23/2022: Harrisburg, PA
Solution architects make sure the product meets business requirements, will be delivered on time and within budget.
12/23/2021: Gastonia, NC
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Solution Architect jobs
For solution architects, the business side of the product matters as much as the technical side.
03/15/2022: Rock Island, IL
Solution architects need significant people and process skills.
02/01/2022: Providence, RI
Solutions architects must be prepared to work with leaders, managers, and employees across every business unit.
03/03/2022: Reno, NV
Most employers want a solution architect who has relevant experience to ensure the success of their organization.
03/16/2022: Green Bay, WI
Solution architects should be keen on details and have excellent skills and knowledge to perform all the tasks effectively.
02/17/2022: Winston Salem, NC
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Solution Architect.