Central Valley is a leading family-owned and operated building supply company with eight locations throughout Northern California. We have been in business since 1955 and have grown to become one of the largest regional suppliers of building and agricultural products in the United States. We are currently seeking a Receiving Associate for our American Canyon, CA facility.
The Receiving Associate receives product and resolves vendor discrepancies. Ensures that product received is accurate and in sellable condition. Ensures that all packing slips match respective purchase orders.
DUTIES & RESPOSIBILITIES:
· Verifies the receiving count with the purchase order.
· Assists operations to assure that materials received are properly accounted for, secured, and protected.
· Maintains flow of paper and material with returns and credits from receipt to invoicing.
· Maintains paper flow of all orders to assure prompt customer delivery and satisfaction.
· Sorts, files and checks paperwork.
· Compares P.O. against vendor receipt for accuracy.
· Provides accurate information to update computer system.
· Assists with all freight and shipping problems.
· Communicates with sales on special, and standard orders. This includes, all orders printed to this location.
· Works with Yard staff to receive all products.
· Checks in truck drivers to verify PO#s and product matches.
· Works with Dispatch to pick yard orders and change codes as needed.
· Answers the main phone line and transfers the call to the appropriate party.
· Lumber/building materials/Agricultural product knowledge preferred.
· Intermediate computer skills.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Excellent verbal and written skills.
· Must be self-motivated.
· High school diploma or GED preferred
· Construction and/or building materials experience a plus
Central Valley is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical??? condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or ?expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
The job skills required for Receiving Associate include Communication Skills etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Receiving Associate. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Receiving Associate. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Receiving Associate, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Receiving Associate for your reference.