Job Location: Lansing - Lansing, MI
Position Type: Full-Time/Part-Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Shift: Day
Best Friends Doggy Daycare is looking for experienced pet stylists. If you love animals and have experience grooming Dogs , we would love to talk to you.
We are seeking a full/part-time, experienced pet stylist for our Lansing MI location. The right candidate makes a good impression with every pet parent through great customer service and accommodation.
- Best Friends Pet Hotel is the leader in pet boarding, grooming, daycare, and retail. We currently operate 31 locations in 14 states nationwide. We are a great company to start your long-term career in the pet industry and offer many opportunities for growth.
Best Friends Pet Hotel is seeking a bright, energetic individual who works hard, pays close attention to detail and has a love of pets. These are not jobs for the weak or faint of heart! Hands get dirty and legs get tired! Our facility can hold many hungry, active and sometimes messy pets at a time. Each pet's well-being and comfort is always the number-one priority and each staff member helps make our client's experience with Best Friends a truly pleasant one.
We offer Full-time Team Members:
- Competitive compensation plus bonus
- Grooming tools and sharpening service (please inquire for specifics)
- Pet supply, service discounts and more!
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Consults with customer and complies with all requests to ensure customer satisfaction. Always interacts with customers in a warm, friendly and professional manner
- Practices timeliness -starts shift on time, and finishes pets before promised time
- Conscientiously performs all aspects of the grooming service to Best Friends expectations of quality
- Must have the ability to groom all breeds, style all fur types and is able to complete specific breed styles requested by client
- Works in an organized and hygienic manner. Keeps work area free of hair and clutter and sanitizes tools and compartments between pets
- Understands the purpose of products and uses them appropriately, follows label directions. Assists Manager maintain inventory by reporting stock levels
- Treats equipment and tools with care and helps with simple maintenance. Reports mechanical failures to manager in writing
- Interacts with Manager and center staffing a manner to make sure the salon runs smoothly and meets the highest expectations of service and product quality
- At Minimum 1-2 years of experience out of school or professionally trained
- High school diploma
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to frequently lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in an environment with exposure to disinfectant/sanitation chemicals, animal dander and excretions
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must possess a love of animals and patience when handling pets
- Displays a professional manner at all times
- Upbeat and positive personality
- Dependable and has reliable transportation