- Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world. MINDS OVER MATTER
- Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. NETWORK
- Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest network of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development. CULTURE
- Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose. Description:
- Obtain working knowledge of Barnhart heavy lift and specialty rigging equipment in order provide solutions to customer needs
- Function as the lead designer of new tools and equipment for the heavy lift and heavy transport industry
- Develop fabrication drawings and perform design calculations according to company and industry standards
- Develop documentation for new and existing gear including specification sheets, operating instructions, maintenance requirements, test certificates, repair procedures, cost summaries, spare parts lists, etc.
- Develop load test plans and participate in field testing activities for newly designed equipment.
Base Salary Range:
- Civil (structural) or Mechanical (machine design) Engineering Bachelor’s Degree with a 3.0 minimum GPA
- AutoCAD &/Or Autodesk Inventor
- Excellent Communication Skills
- MS Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Reasoning Ability
- RISA 3D is a plus