In keeping with our organization’s goal of improving the lives of the Guests we serve, the Restorative Nursing Aide (R.N.A.) plays a critical role in providing superior customer service and nursing care to all Guests. The R.N.A. provides restorative nursing services to assigned Guests in effort to help them reach their full ability to perform essential daily living tasks.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Provides restorative nursing services to Guests as assigned or directed.
2. Provides individualized attention, which encourages each Guest’s ability to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
3. Directs and assists Guests with exercise programs that aim to restore the Guests mobility.
4. Participates in the care planning process by providing supervisors with specific information and observations of the Guest’s needs, preferences and report any behavioral changes.
5. Documents Guest’s participation in the restorative program on a daily basis and notes any changes with the Guest’s mobility.
6. Assists Guests with prosthetic appliances, medical assistance devises such as canes or walkers, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communication and other needs.
7. May perform activities required for the Guest’s activities of daily living (ADL’s) which include but not limited to bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, and feeding.
8. Performs various nursing assistant tasks assigned by the supervisor or the floor nurse including checking vital signs, weighing Guests, applying creams/ointments and collecting specimens.
9. Assists the Wound Care Nurse as directed.
10. Completes medical records documenting care provided and other information in accordance with nursing policies while maintaining strict confidentiality.
11. Assure that established infection control and standard precaution practices are maintained when providing care. Follow established safety precautions when preforming tasks and using equipment and supplies.
12. Reports all hazardous conditions, damaged equipment and supply issues to the supervisor.
13. Maintains the comfort, privacy and dignity of Guests and interacts with them in a manner that displays warmth, respect and promotes a caring environment.
14. Must answer and respond to call lights promptly and courteously.
15. Assist with new admissions, re-admissions and assist with the transfer of Guests to different rooms within the facility.
16. Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with Guests, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
17. Attend and participate in departmental meetings and in-services as directed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a health care setting. This role requires regular walking to various locations around the facility while pulling or pushing carts. This position works mostly in the Guest care areas as well as in occasional outside weather conditions. This role may also come into contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses.
while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping on a regular basis. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects and patients weighing over 75 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position is part of a health care facility that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Rotating shifts as well as holiday and work during inclement weather will be required.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Registered with the state of Iowa as a Certified Nurse’s Aide.
3. C.P.R. Certified
Preferred Education and Experience
1. One year experience in a R.N.A. position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Knowledge of Joint commission procedures.
2. Knowledge of IDPH regulations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The job skills required for Restorative Aide include Health care, vital signs, Nursing Care, Customer Service, Infection control,and Planning etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Restorative Aide. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Restorative Aide. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Restorative Aide, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Restorative Aide for your reference.