Azria Health is building on the traditions of the past with a focus on the future. We take pride in delivering quality care to each of our residents. This begins and ends with our fantastic team. It is our belief that Happy Team Members make Happy Residents.
Our team enjoys benefits such as Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, 401K.
We strive to provide a path for personal and professional growth, a great atmosphere, an outstanding team and the tools to be a great employee.
In keeping with our organization’s goal of improving the lives of the residents we serve, the Social Services Director manages the day-to-day operations of the Social Services Department and responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the social services function to meet and maintain the mental and psychosocial well-being for each resident.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Responsible for keeping up-to-date evaluation documentation on each resident’s activities at the facility which complies with Federal, State, and Local regulations.
· Attends scheduled care conferences and identifies and interprets psychosocial needs of residents for inclusion in the care plan, addressing issues of schedule, treatment and environment that express and reinforce individuality and identity.
· Assists with the coordination, intake, admission, and resident transfer within the facility.
· Coordinates the inspection of resident’s belongings to ensure they are properly labeled and inventoried.
· Attends Interdisciplinary Team and Unit Care conferences, assesses residents for psychosocial groups, and supervises implementation and documentation.
· Mediates issues that arise among residents, families, and staff.
· Provides linkage with appropriate community resources by maintaining knowledge of other systems, making referrals, and identifying unmet needs (e.g., recreational transportation, adaptive phone equipment, etc.)
· Develops a comprehensive discharge plan in collaboration with residents, resident’s families, multidisciplinary staff, and referral agencies.
· Provides informal counseling when needed to uncover any problems which might interfere with the resident’s socialization and participation in activities.
· Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the Social Services Department.
· Responsible for operating the Social Services Department within budgetary guidelines and limitations.
· Responsible for training and educating staff members.
· Reports all hazardous conditions, damaged equipment, and supply issues to appropriate persons.
· Follows established safety precautions when preforming tasks and using equipment and supplies.
· Maintains the comfort, privacy and dignity of residents and interacts with them in a manner that displays warmth, respect and promotes a caring environment.
· Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with residents, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors.
· Answers and respond to call lights promptly and courteously when working in resident care areas.
· Attend and participate in departmental meetings and in-services as directed.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The job skills required for Director of Social Services include Collaboration, Coordination, Transportation etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Director of Social Services. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Director of Social Services. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Director of Social Services, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Director of Social Services for your reference.