The Senior Manager, Material Planning is responsible for development and management of a cost effective material strategy while providing the highest possible level of service in support of all customers and fleet types operated by Atlas Air and, under contract, Polar Air Cargo- this includes planning, sourcing, surplus management, distribution and other related functions for over $100M of inventory. The Senior Manager will be responsible for the service levels of all customers and fleet types, ensuring material is properly allocated and available at the appropriate stations on an ongoing basis. Additionally the Senior Manager will be responsible for the execution of work of the Material Planning and Tooling Teams to ensure business deliverables are met.
- Accountable for the execution of the airline stocking strategy while ensuring a balance between inventory, operational performance (Dispatch Reliability), and financial objectives.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a material planning model to support aircraft in service including station allocation, min/max, reorder point, safety stock, and economic order quantities for consumable, expendable, repairable & rotable inventory.
- Establish and oversee execution of inventory change requirements for aircraft additions, fleet changes, modifications, station startup-up, etc.
- Responsible for material surplus and scrap management programs to ensure only relevant and required inventory is maintained by the company.
- Monitor, conduct analysis, and adjust allocation strategy based on continuous operational changes.
- Works with across Tech Ops department to determine requirements for Flight Spares Kits.
- Manages the material replenishment process and collaborates with supporting departments to ensure all KPI targets are achieved.
- Responsible for driving to all departmental and related company KPIs; accountable to Director of Inventory Management for delivering process improvement to meet KPI targets.
- Reviews all service disruptions (delays, cancellations, loans, AOG events) and drives corrective actions through assigned staff as required.
- Identifies critical inventory and directs Repairs department what inventory should be prioritized through the pipeline.
- Work with procurement to develop new sources of supply based upon quality and cost metrics.
- Monitors the supply chain and coordinates with Procurement, Stores, AOG and Repairs to manage and mitigate issues.
- Mentors and develops all assigned staff on material management strategies and advanced techniques; provides necessary training as required.
- Leads continuous improvement/cost savings initiatives within the department.
- Direct oversight of Aircraft Tooling and Inventory Planning Managers.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Director of Inventory Management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations or Supply Chain Management, Mathematics, Quantitative Analysis or Business Administration; MBA is appropriate emphasis a plus.
- 5-7 years of Purchasing/Material Planning experience within the airline industry.
- 2 years of experience in a management roll
- 2 years of experience in a related aviation field I.E Repair Administration, Maintenance, Maintenance Planning, Warehouse/Logistics, etc.
- Deep knowledge in planning processes: demand planning, supply planning, new fleet introductions, material planning and component life cycle management.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a faced paced environment including interaction with a global team requiring occasional off-hour communication and support.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers, and team members
- Excellent computer skills including advanced Excel functions
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement