Allied Universal® Janitorial Services is uniquely capable and personally committed to delivering exceptional janitorial services. All full-time positions offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture.
Allied Universal Janitorial Services is seeking the position of a Housekeeping Manager.
As a Housekeeping Manager for Allied Universal Janitorial Services, you will be responsible for managing and facilitating the upkeep of the facility by carrying out all cleaning functions. The main goal is to keep our client’s property in a clean and orderly condition to contribute to a positive shopping experience for patrons.
- Using effective methods to keep staffing at acceptable levels, working within budgeted hours and expenses.
- Manage the department work schedule to ensure proper preparation and adequate staffing daily and for special events.
- Train and manage staff—setting site operational goals for each department, regularly assessing performance, and quickly making effective corrections to performance and conduct, including retraining, employee corrective action and development plans.
- Process new hires, scheduling, and payroll paperwork for all personnel.
- Manage the daily activities of each department to include appropriate cleaning and maintenance of all public areas, restrooms, offices, etc.
- Ensure the proper care, maintenance, and presentation of interior and exterior landscaped areas.
- Measure department effectiveness through quality inspections and adjust as goals change or need improvement.
- Collaborate with and schedule contractors for electric, plumbing, and HVAC needs.
- Purchase and maintain appropriate and adequate supplies and inventory for property
- Ensure the proper maintenance of all equipment—making arrangements for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment to avoid service disruptions.
- Perform heavy cleaning duties at our client’s facility including trash gathering, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, and restroom cleaning.
- Work collaboratively with other staff members and Management.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Assist mall patrons or customers in a friendly and engaging manner when requested.
- Complete additional duties as assigned by Management.
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent for full time positions.
- Certain positions may require successful completion of a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws.
- Effective communication skills with customer, patrons, and employees- assisting others in a friendly and engaging manner at all times.
- Excellent written, verbal, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Possess the integrity and ability to work independently and/or collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience in operations, diagnostics and maintaining HVAC/chiller systems.
- Possess strong maintenance skills/knowledge and computer proficiency.
- Make a professional impression, both in appearance and conduct with highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Exudes confidence and comfort in interacting effectively with all management levels.
- Willingness to work hands-on and where needed, alongside the staff.
- Passion to embrace change with the ability to modify goals and directives quickly.
- Capable of multi-tasking, using independent judgment, and solid decision-making.
- Sound knowledge of OSHA and safety standards for housekeeping, maintenance, and landscaping programs.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Ability to operate machinery including high lifts, motorized tools, and vehicles.
- Ability to climb ladders and walk the rooftop of the facility.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, reach overhead, drive, and operate equipment frequently and repetitively.
- Ability to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year to handle any requests and/or incidents at the site.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to variable shift hours, including possible weekends and nights, as needed by the company
- Reliable transportation is required.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.