WHAT WE DO
3DE by Junior Achievement re-engineers high school education to be more relevant, experiential, and authentically connected to the complexities of the real world in order to more fully prepare today's students for the demands of tomorrow's economy.
Leading the localized 3DE model implementation and instructional coaching at the school, this role partners with teachers and school administrators to execute 3DE's innovative instructional approach. The Director, School Leadership role focuses on building trust and relationships; creating buy-in and ownership for sustained change; developing local teacher talent; improving school health indicators; and leading the overall progression and transformation of the 3DE school.
- Location: William T. Dwyer High School
- Employment Type: Full-Time, School-based
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Reports to: 3DE National Director, School Leadership
- Bachelor's degree
- Classroom teaching experience (K-12) or
- Nonprofit experience with program/project management or change management training.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Master's degree
- High School teaching experience
- Leadership position (Department Chair, Lead Teacher etc)
- Involved in Corrective Programs
Instructional Leadership & Coaching
- Represent 3DE as the primary leader contact for 3DE model implementation, partnering with the 3DE Planning & Operations Lead to confirm case logistical details while driving key on-site activities and engagement points for administrators, teachers, visiting business professionals and students.
- Work with teacher cohort and dedicated administrators to implement key instructional elements of 3DE instructional model, supporting teachers in integrating key instructional elements across content areas to ensure student competency development.
- Conduct instructional alignment walks, coaching teachers in the development of a 3DE classrooms that are engaging, collaborative and connected to the broader community.
- Facilitate 3DE teacher Professional Learning Community (PLCs) meetings to share best-practices and address student learning across student cohorts, establishing instructional practices to support the site-based needs of the student cohort; replicating exemplar teaching and learning strategies throughout the 3DE school community.
- Ensure connections are made to college and career readiness (CCR) and encourage local CCR participation in the overall engagement strategies.
- Partner with market's 3DE Instructional Lead to identify and cultivate 3DE demonstration classrooms, sharing best-practices with current and future partners and supporting onsite visits.
Teacher Development & Change Management
- Develop teacher leadership, modeling, coaching and teaching specific strategies to improve the 3DE-related instructional practices outlined and supported- by 3DE Teaching & Learning (T&L).
- Work with 3DE Instructional Leads to identify and nurture new teachers and teacher leaders (e.g., Lead Teacher) to help drive teacher buy-in, implementation success, and development.
- Identify needs of teachers, help facilitate support (e.g., engagement of 3DE Instructional Lead, Case User Experience Lead, and/or HHS resources), and triage teacher resource needs effectively to serve needs.
- Conduct personalized teacher professional development, based on collaborative instructional plans outlined by national T&L team, market's 3DE Instructional Lead, and/or trends from 3DE instructional alignment walkthroughs.
- Partner with school administration and other school leaders to build a healthy and lasting 3DE culture and school-wide impact.
- Manage and monitor 3DE school budget to augment school resources as necessary for culture building and curriculum supports.
Student Competency Development & Supports
- Monitor and support teachers in the effective implementation of the 3DE Competency Development observation/assessment framework; ensuring access to classrooms and students to validate student learning.
- Work with 3DE Instructional Leads to generate data-driven instructional strategies to meet the specific needs of learners, based on district, local and 3DE-generated assessments/evaluations.
- Partner with Case User Experience Leads to ensure student/teacher case understanding, connections and engagement.
- Drive and monitor student progress throughout their 3DE experience, from enrollment to graduation; strategically leading the administration / teacher leaders as they engage learners while monitoring student enrollment, retention, and recovery.
- Monitor student case work and overall engagement to review progress to ensure case facilitation is leading towards student improvement in engagement, academics, mindset and personal development.
- Cultural Agility - ability to assess situations and the environmental norms to identify opportunities and develop savvy strategies to address conditions.
- Effective Collaboration - ability to influence, promote and generate cooperation to achieve collective input and output from diverse entities; providing the guidance, proof points, and enthusiasm to instigate the necessary mindset and behaviors.
- Engaging Communication - ability to effectively transfer thoughts and information through appropriate channels to influence progress towards a desired outcome.
- Creativity & Innovation - Ability to improve and to advance the status quo, developing new methods, approaches, or structures for success.
- Self-Direction - ability to set priorities and execute with integrity and initiative to achieve productivity.
- Critical & Analytical Thinking - ability to use logic research, data, and intuition to break down complex problems and determine feasible strategies.
DEMONSTRATED ABILITIES / DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- Teacher-leader, instructional coaching and/or school administrator experience preferred.
- A sophisticated understanding of high-yielding pedagogical practices; ability to monitor and assess the application of best practices.
- Innovative application of andragogical strategies effective in coaching teacher development.
- Higher understanding of data-driven instruction and ability to leverage data to continuously improve on-site 3DE model implementation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills delivered through a variety of mediums.
- Effective and engaging interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to influence a wide range of constituents.
- Strategic thought-partner and solution-oriented change agent.
- Keen sense of emotional intelligence and cultural agility.
- Advanced time management and execution in a dynamic high-demand environment.