We are currently seeking an entry-level BIM/Revit Designer with 1 years’ experience to be part of our Restoration Engineering and Building Envelope team. This role is responsible for accurately and efficiently creating project 3D models and construction documents by collaborating with Project Managers, Structural Engineers, and other Design Associates. This position is listed for WGI’s Downers Grove, IL Office (Chicago Area).
At WGI, you will find talented, passionate associates providing exceptional service in collaborative, team-driven environments, all while having fun and enjoying the work they do. WGI takes pride in being one of the nation’s top consulting firms -- and we have the awards to prove it. We work to stay ahead of the curve by investing in the latest tools and technology. WGI is always looking for remarkable individuals to join our team and help us grow in our vision. If you think you are an innovative, self-motivated team-player, and want to shape your community, join our WGI team today!
WGI offers a complete Benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD & STD, Life Insurance, 401k with match, PTO, Holidays, HSA with company contribution, Pet insurance, and Employee assistance program.
- From initial set up to the final edits of a project, some of your daily responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of the Structural Design team with a Strong work ethic that is consistently exhibited in attitude and personal drive.
- Utilizing effective communication to collaborate on design tasks as they evolve, while self-managing time and priorities to help achieve project deadlines.
- Successfully understanding construction plans, both by interpreting design intent and changes, and the ability to produce accurate and clear structural construction documents in Revit.
- Analyzing sketches, notes, and other input material to determine and plan the best approach for developing complete drawings with minimal supervision.
- Embracing company standards for drafting plans and details that accurately and clearly convey the correct design elements and intent.
- Working with clients or other consultants to manage multiple BIM files for project coordination, often hosted on BIM360, and communicate design concerns with project managers and team.
- Associates Degree or Diploma in Architectural and Engineering Computer Aided Design or equivalent work experience
- 1 years’ experience using BIM/Revit and AutoCAD.
- Experience with any of the following software’s: Bluebeam, BIM360, AutoCAD,
- Eager to support staff with positive attitude, passion and patience
- Ability to uphold the use of standards and escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a project teamGood verbal communication and technical writing skills
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please submit your resume for review by our Talent Acquisition Team. WGI provides a competitive salary, and an outstanding work environment. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled