****Average salary is $51,001.00 (including wage, incentives, bonuses, overtime, shift differential, etc.)****
This position has remote capabilities for those that live in or around the Brownwood area
Family Preservation Therapist - TX
Texas Family Initiative, LLC is a private nonprofit organization that provides experience, compassion, quality care, and services for children in foster care and foster/adopt families. We hold Foster Care Recruitment Contracts with the Texas Department of Human Services, Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS). As a partner with DFPS, we recruit and train families to become foster and/adoptive parents.
Master’s degree in Human Services field from an accredited university required with a minimum of two years’ experience working with youth/families experiencing developmental, emotional and/or behavioral difficulties. Applicable state clinical licensure required.
Valid driver’s license and meet agency underwriting standards.
- Competitive pay
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life insurance
- 401(k) Match
- 20 days of personal leave in first year of employment; 25 days after completion of year one
- 11 paid holidays
- Longevity bonus
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Program
- Referral program
The Family Initiative, Inc. is the parent company providing services in Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas. We provide service to these areas through our affiliates: TFI Family Connections in Oklahoma and Texas Family Initiative in Texas. Pathway Family Services is an affiliate in Kansas offering additional services to youth and families. Mainstream Nonprofit Solutions is an affiliate supporting the TFI Family of Companies and other Nonprofits.
As a Family Preservation Therapist, you will promote the well-being of children in the Family Preservation Services Program, participate in staff meetings and trainings and coordinate with staff from other agencies involved in providing Family Preservation Services.
- Manages a caseload of children and families in the Family Preservation Program.
- Coordinates providing services to the child/family.
- Determines the services to be provided to the client and develops the case and plans.
- Accomplishes initial and on-going assessments; individual, group and family counseling; and other professional services in accordance with best practices and COA standards.
- Maintains a close working relationship with public and private agencies involved in providing Reintegration services/support.
- Conducts and coordinates assessments.
- Ensures program requirements are met and adhered to.
- Receives and accepts client referrals assigned within time requirements.
- Works with client to effectively implement intervention strategies.
- Delivers therapy interventions in the client’s natural environment (home, school, community, etc.) or as established in treatment plan.
- Identifies barriers to the successful engagement of key participants and implements strategies to overcome these barriers.
- Provides direct therapeutic intervention, when required.
- Ensures the accuracy, content and completeness of client case records.
- Conducts case planning conferences at required intervals.
- Facilitates family preservation through training, family assessment, consultations, home visits, etc.
- Provides 24 hour, on-call support to the clients served. Provides crisis intervention, when required.
- Supports the After Care Specialist in ensuring follow-on support services are accomplished for the child/family.
- Compiles monthly statistical data and reports and forwards to appropriate agencies.
- Completes documentation and forwards reports containing descriptive, analytical, and evaluative content.
- Coordinates with Behavioral Health and other agency staff, and staff from external public and private agencies, on the delivery of services to children and families.
- Demonstrate skills in separation and loss issues for the child in care, family systems, conflict resolution and mediation.
- Refrains from assuming any duty that is unrelated to and/or interferes with the responsibilities of the position.
- Advocates, promotes and practices cultural sensitivity and responsiveness in all day-to-day interactions.
- Develops, promotes and practices teamwork in all activities.
If you want to make a difference in a child’s life, join our team today!
TFI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please visit www.tfifamily.org/employment