Midway FORD Service is looking for a highly skilled full-line automotive technician to maintain and repair vehicles. As an auto Technician, you will be responsible for troubleshooting and fixing issues, aiming at maximum vehicle reliability and functionality.
Our ideal candidate has good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. In addition, they are well-versed in complex mechanical and electrical systems and have exceptional problem-solving abilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform maintenance or repair work specified on a repair order
- Perform multipoint inspections to identify needed repairs
- Provide time and labor estimates for needed repairs
- General repair on most makes and models, brake pads and shoes, tires, alignments, steering and suspension, cooling systems, a/c, wheel bearings, and drive train
- Test and inspect vehicles after performing repairs
- Communicate directly with service advisors if any additional services are needed
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment
- Adhere to all company policy and procedures
- Must be able to use a computer to find and utilize technical data and service bulletins for various repairs
- Proven experience as an auto Technician
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic components of vehicles
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools (e.g., pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g., lift)
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions to protect against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals, etc.
- A high school diploma is preferred.
- Certification from a vocational school or completion of an apprenticeship is preferred.
- Valid certification (ASE) is a definite plus.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen
- Able to work a six-day workweek with weekends included
Benefits and Perks
- Outstanding Compensation Plan
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations