Today, 100 years since our founding, Ritchie Industries, Inc. offers a complete line of animal watering products all over the world and can point with pride to an unmatched reputation of integrity. Our history of quality will continue to guide us and our manufacturing process for years to come, while we strive to maintain our Core Values of always doing the right thing, around-the-clock passion for our brand, bold innovation, sincere confidence and walking the talk.
The Manufacturing Engineer will obtain solutions for various manufacturing issues as well as provide support to manufacturing by identifying and implementing product and process improvements while maintaining the quality plan.
- Creates and maintains quality plan including updating documents, developing procedures, and specifying materials.
- Continually evaluates manufacturing processes and implements improved processes and new technologies.
- Confers with outside equipment and material manufacturers to improve knowledge of product design, processes, tooling, and materials.
- Assists with new product design process including product development, tooling design, process documentation, and product testing.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting documentation to sales department and external customers.
- Identifies, analyzes, and implements cost savings to current production parts and processes.
- Partners with manufacturing to obtain process improvement information and to develop training guidelines for new products and processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Creates and maintains product and manufacturing process documentation.
- Works with government agencies to maintain compliance with product and workplace regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or related technical field required or equivalent experience.
- Three years of relevant manufacturing work experience required.
- Experience in a small manufacturing company preferred.
- Advanced training or certification in relevant fields preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Outstanding ability to work as part of a team as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of production principles and techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to assess problems or issues with manufacturing processes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Proficient with CAD system. (AutoDesk software suite).
- Proficient with production planning systems (MRP).
- Employee Owned
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Schedule
- Monthly Bonuses