Position: Day Porter
3PM - 9PM Saturday - Thursday
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Company.
- Performs routine cleaning of office areas, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, stairways, and all other areas in a clean, neat and sanitary manner.
- Mops, sweeps, scrubs, and strips floors and other surfaces; applies floor sealers and finishes; vacuums and shampoos carpets.
- Cleans and dusts furniture, exhibit cases, fixtures, windows, doors, trim, and related furnishings; moves furniture, supplies, and miscellaneous as directed.
- Washes and cleans light fixtures.
- Empties waste paper baskets; collects, bags, and disposes of paper and debris as directed; collects and places in containers garbage, broken glass, and litter. Removes trash to appropriate refuse container.
- Reports safety hazards as appropriate.
- Replenishes rest room supplies. Cleans, disinfect, and service lavatories, locker rooms, and rest rooms. Cleans all fixtures daily.
- Maintains set quality standards when performing job duties.
- Ability to do work on his/her own with normal supervision.
- Observes safety precautions at all times.
- Perform related work as directed.
- Cleaning carts will not be left unattended. Custodial closet will remain locked at all times. Keep hallways and pathways clear of debris, cleaning equipment and tools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
B. LANGUAGE SKILLS
a. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
b. Ability to write simple correspondence.
C. REASONING ABILITY
a. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
b. Ability to problem solve and work independently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; push/pull equipment; use arm, leg and back muscles for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb, stoop, kneel or crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to caustic chemicals and/or hazardous materials. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Our employees experience a dynamic and rewarding place to work. We have a reputation for outstanding customer service, professionalism, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations. We consider the employees of Owens Realty Services and Owens Facility Services to be one of our most valuable resources. Our employees treat others in a friendly and courteous manner and have respect for other employees, tenants,visitors and our clients property.
We look for employees who will:
Owens Realty Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.Benefits: Short Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
100 - 200
The following is the career advancement route for Day Porter (Part-time) positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Day Porter (Part-time), it can be promoted into senior positions as a Bell Captain - Casino that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Day Porter (Part-time). You can explore the career advancement for a Day Porter (Part-time) below and select your interested title to get hiring information.