Summary of Responsibilities:
• Providing quality and timely prepared foods
• Follow sanitation guidelines
• Obtain a Food Handlers permit
• Must be able to wear the proper uniform as policy describes throughout entire shift.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time during your shift
• Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, and lift items up to 25 lbs on a regular basis
• Must have basic computer skills to utilize online scheduling system.
• Adhere to safety procedures
• Practice cost-cutting measures
• Pitch in and work as part of a team
• Report to work on time and ready
• Stock and rotate food
• Handle equipment, appliances, small wares, supplies, and tools
• Perform opening procedures
• Organize and prepare for your shift
• Perform operating procedures
• Prepare and cook food items to recipe
• Perform ongoing duties
• Process and manage food tickets
• Track food quality
• Handle special circumstances
• Communicate effectively with co-workers and managers
• Assist in the training of new employees
• Perform closing procedures
• Depart from work as scheduled
• Any other tasks assigned by the manager on duty.
The job skills required for Cook include Food Quality, Scheduling, Communicates Effectively, Safety Procedures etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Cook. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Cook. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Cook, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Cook for your reference.