WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE
- Sign On Bonus - $2,000!
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits Year-Round
- Vacation & Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for Winter Work and Learning New Skills
is seeking a Plant Operator for our Phelps facility located in Phelps, NY.
Lehigh Hanson has thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, and related construction materials. . Are you looking for a long term position with a stable company? Do you enjoy working with your hands and with automation systems?
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Plant Operator
. This position will operate the crusher through PLC automation as well as monitor conveyor belts and related equipment to crush and transport quarry material to appropriate location. HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Operate/program the automated crushing and screening equipment for the quarry
- Visually observe and monitor gauges and of all equipment while in operation to maintain proper flow of material on belts, crushers and screens
- Maintain strong communications with all other plant employees to ensure efficient and safe workflow from quarry to crusher
- Identify appropriate material to produce quality aggregate material per job specifications
- Communicate with quality control personnel and make required adjustments to material blends
- Perform routine maintenance on conveyor belts and crushing equipment including splicing, replacing idlers, pulleys, drive belts, bearings, changing of screens, cleaning and lubrication
- Shut down equipment as required in the event of an emergency, blockages or end of shift; coordinate/assist in required repairs
- Operate haul truck, skid steer or other heavy machinery
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures; MSHA Part 48 training a plus
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2 years prior experience in the aggregate industry preferred; experience in aggregate plant operation and maintenance a plus
- Highly dependable
- Prior experience operating mobile equipment (haul truck, skid steer, etc.) and machinery a plus
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please.
Lehigh Hanson is a Drug Free Workplace