- Performs routine patrol of assigned site to deter, detect, and report security or safety problems, preserve order, and protect property. Patrols may be performed on foot or by vehicle.
- Performs patrol duties according to Goldbelt Security’s policies and procedures and the Client’s specific instructions.
- Corrects unsafe conditions which may pose risk of injury or death to people at the site.
- Completes forms and reports which may include Incident Reports, Citizen Arrest Forms, and Criminal Trespass Forms.
- Notifies local Emergency response agency in the event of an emergency. Maintains order at the site until their arrival and renders basic first aid or CPR as needed.
- Protects the interests and property of Goldbelt Security and the Client.
- Approaches unauthorized persons on site to determine their intentions. Warns persons of rule infractions or violations and follows Goldbelt Security Policies and Procedures.
- Monitor traffic flow at assigned location to locate safe gaps through which pedestrians can cross streets, then guide or control the vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Directs actions of pedestrians and traffic at intersections.
- Directs movement of traffic through site, using signs, flags, and hand signals.
- Calls police or fire department in cases of emergency. Maintains order at the location until their arrival and renders basic first aid or CPR as needed.
- Provides assistance to visitors.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as assigned.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work with Clients and the public using tact and courtesy.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions, including company policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance.
- Ability to observe and record events accurately.
- Ability to use common sense and good judgment when making decisions within scope of authority.
- Ability to learn and apply specialized security/protection techniques, methods and procedures.
- Ability to analyze problems and situations and take prompt effective action.
- Ability to enforce regulations and rules effectively.
- Ability to recognize an emergency or immediate threat and take appropriate action in a mature, controlled manner, applying existing policies and guidelines.
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the job.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
- Ability to work directly with the public, conveying information and assistance effectively on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of safety and security issues related to pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Skill in utilizing a variety of computer software systems including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Deltek timekeeping.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skill)
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED); AND
- Must be at least 18 years of age; AND
- Must have 12 months experience as a licensed security guard
- Six (6) months of experience dealing with the public; AND
- Ability to obtain a Security Guard license issued by the State of Alaska; AND
- Ability to pass a background check; AND
- If applicable, ability to obtain basic first aid and CPR certification within 3 months of hire; AND
- If applicable, ability to pass a drug screen; AND
- If applicable, Valid driver’s license and clean driving record; AND
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education and experience)
- Six (6) months of experience in a work environment requiring safety and security precautions; i.e. previous military, law enforcement or security experience.
The work is performed at the Client’s work site, which may be inside or outside a building, with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crises situations. The position may work outside with constant exposure to the elements and constant contact and interaction with the public which may include dealing with irate or confused people. May be subject to environmental allergens, irate or intoxicated individuals, and vulgar language. Irregular work hours, nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call duty may be required. The work sites are non-smoking facilities with designated outside-smoking areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will require duties on foot in the assigned area, exposed to the elements. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to walk, stand, step up and down from curb, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, use hands and fingers to operate, hold, handle, or feel objects and tools. May occasionally need to climb stairs or run.