First Hawaiian Bank is currently seeking a collaborative, detail-oriented, analytical Customer Data Analyst to join our Data Services Center. In this role, you will focus on the development and maintenance of the Customer Data Management program. This will require the understanding and use of the Bank’s various customer-to-account, banker-to-customer relationship management, and customer data mastering systems.
Provide business and technical analysis in support of the Bank’s customer data initiatives. Leveraging the Bank’s data assets, apply analytical techniques to understand data and provision insights to internal customers and data-driven projects. Assist with the identification and remediation of customer data quality issues. Require an understanding of data structures as they exist throughout the Bank’s various systems and data repositories.
Participate in project-based work while adhering to the Bank’s Project Lifecycle requirements. Author or contribute to the creation of project documentation such as business requirements, process and system design documentation, test plans and use cases, implementation plans and project schedules.
Operationally, will also contribute to developing and maintaining the Data Services Center’s policies, charters, standards, procedures, process flows, and technical documentation.
The successful candidate will be hired for the level of the position that aligns with their experience.
Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm (Hours may vary)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business, computer science, information technology or a related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- 3 years of relevant experience in finance, economics, business, computer science, information technology, or related field required.
- 3 years of business experience in banking, with a proven record of accomplishment preferred.
- Experience working with relational databases (preferably Oracle).
- Ability to write and execute SQL queries for data retrieval.
- Proficiency using the standard suite of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with project lifecycle methodologies.
- Hands-on experience with process management, process design and metric measurement, or equivalent education or certification such as the business process modeling professional (BPM) certification.
- Knowledge of business analysis practices as demonstrated by certification as a business analysis professional (CBAP), or equivalent experience.
- Experience interacting with enterprise-wide data warehouses, legacy systems, data marts, or business intelligence systems.
- Proficiency using other MS Office Suite applications such as Visio and Access.
- Experience and/or exposure to Informatica or other industry standard data integration and management tools preferred.
- Experience with other programming languages such as Python or R.
- Ability to make forward progress and sound decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Strong documentation and metric management reporting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects to completion in a timely manner with quality results.
- Ability to influence across organizational boundaries, including the ability to identify and raise issues to the proper level.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for report writing, business requirement proposals, client interaction, and methodology documentation.