""There is no higher calling, no greater purpose than that of a caregiver. Somehow, we’ve come to believe that caregiving is just for some of us and not all of us. Yet at our core, we are all made to love, to connect, to extend ourselves in service of others. The question is… do we have the will to love, to do what it takes, to risk ourselves in caring, even when the burden is great? In times of happiness, in times of sadness – we are that caregiver. Whatever it Takes.”
- Bickford Senior Living
At Bickford, everything we do revolves around our residents’ happiness by meeting their specific Core Needs. The CNA position is primarily responsible for resident care and services as outlined in residents’ service plans including, but not limited to personal care needs, housekeeping, laundry, activities, meals, and pet care while encouraging resident independence.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Know the details of the medications to be administered to your residents
- Follow the 6 rights of medication administration and Bickford’s Policies and Procedures regarding medication management
- Understand and appropriately utilize the eMAR system for medication administration
- Communicate appropriately with RN Coordinator for clarification and direction
- Providing direct resident care
- Supervision of resident care work of non-licensed team members in the skilled nursing operations and other areas throughout the community as appropriate
- In accordance with federal, state and local standards and Bickford Senior Living policies, you will be a leader in demonstrating the Bickford Mission ‘Whatever it Takes’
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in long term care, assisted living, skilled nursing, hospital, and/or full service operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing practices, techniques and methods as applied to skilled nursing and resident care
- Demonstration of knowledge of federal, state and local long term care regulations
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication
- Competent in organizational, time management skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications
Bickford considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Bickford are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Bickford Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position.
Bickford Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It’s no surprise that many of the world’s leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Bickford.
At Bickford, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals.
The job skills required for CNA include Personal Care, Assisted Living, Long Term Care, Housekeeping, Laundry,and Time Management etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a CNA. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by CNA. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.