Responsible for connecting and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, water services, and water mains. Pay is dependent on experience and skills.
Required Abilities and Skills:
• 2 years experience installing public utilities (sewer, water, and storm sewer)
• Good knowledge tools and equipment
• Must have positive attitude with safety and production in mind, always conscious of proper trench safety procedures for utilities
• Able to work long hours in all types of weather conditions
• Ability to lift up to and move 50lbs
• Must have a valid driver’s license or the resources to get to and from work daily
• Ability to be on time ready to work at start time (punctuality and dependability)
• Ability to communicate
• Read and Understand English
• Capable of working with a crew and able to maintain good work ethics and communications
• Able to pass a drug test and background check
• All of these responsibilities are of a “laborer”
• Clean and prepare work sites to eliminate possible hazards
• Dig using shovel to expose utilities
• Direct operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment and materials for all pipe installation.
• Ensure places where pipes are joined together to ensure pipes are joined properly.
· Use proper materials and procedures to ensure pipes are tightly fitted and fittings are sealed.
• Perform all work in a safe manner according to company policies and OSHA regulations
As with the nature of construction, this job description, the duties and responsibilities contained herein are general and not intended to be a complete list of the duties, expectations, responsibilities necessary to this position. As with any atmosphere, supervisors or managers may ask you to perform other duties as needed or required.
Must be able to pass a drug test.
No sex offenders.
The job skills required for Laborer include background check, OSHA, drug test, Work ethic, Safety Procedures,and Dependability etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Laborer. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Laborer. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Laborer, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Laborer for your reference.