- 5 years of experience with trademark and copyright issues
- Experience managing a trademark portfolio, consisting of domestic and foreign trademarks
- Experience leading investigations and negotiations to resolve trademark disputes
- A law degree and membership in good standing in at least one state bar or foreign equivalent
As an attorney on our IP team, you’ll manage trademark matters for multiple business segments in our retail and consumer spaces. You will interact directly with teams to protect their brands, trademarks, copyrights and domain names. Responsibilities include direct management of clearance, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement of our growing US and foreign trademark portfolio, client counseling, licensing, developing and implementing intellectual property protection policies, and educating and coaching the business on intellectual property matters.
This position will be an attorney in a dynamic team of IP professionals responsible for trademark, copyright and domain issues globally. Compensation based on experience and includes equity compensation.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- Trademark experience in retail, shopping, fashion and e-commerce (in-house experience a plus)
- Expert-level knowledge of trademark and copyright issues, opportunities and best practices for companies in online space
- Ability to be responsible for all trademark and copyright-related activities for multiple business segments, including training, branding, risk assessment, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement, in a fast-paced, frugal environment
- Creativity, attention to detail, commitment to customer service, and excellent communication skills
- Ability to understand and resolve complex legal and business issues
- Ability to effectively translate IP issues to members of the creative, technology, business, management and legal teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $123,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $229,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. This position will remain posted until filled. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.