You haven't searched anything yet.
Seeking a Compassionate & Empowering Dance Educator for Sept. 2023 and summer. Curriculum training beginning now remotely or in-person, with flexible hours.
At The Movement Center our mission is to Lead with Compassion & Acceptance to Empower Students to find their Voice.
Through dance training and a focus on each dancer’s individuality, we provide an incredibly inclusive and encouraging environment. Dancers often find their second home with us, reveling in a community of like-minded individuals. Our carefully crafted programs, exceptional team training & attention to magical details makes us truly unique. We believe dance helps build essential life skills, allowing dancers to achieve their highest dreams.
We are looking for exceptional educators to teach dynamic and inspiring dance classes in Acton. In this role you will work with a dedicated team of dance & movement educators to deliver our program to dancers ages 1.5 to 99.
We seek efficient, reliable & vibrant teachers of dance who are passionate about the transformational benefits of the performing arts.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
· Inspire dancers ages 1.5 to 99 by teaching weekly movement classes.
· Creating innovative & compelling choreography
· Following the class curriculum & creating your own lesson plans.
· Contribute regularly to our Teacher Trello Board used for team communications
· Attend and engage in our team meetings & trainings.
ADDITIONAL ROLE OPTIONS
- Competition Director - must be experienced and the ability to teach advanced levels.
.- Student & Staff Relations Director
- Additionial Admin roles
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
We are seeking a team member who wholeheartedly believes that dance can change lives. To be successful in this role you must demonstrate that you have:
· Respect for each dancer’s uniqueness, you take the time to truly see each dancer for who they are. Acknowledging that each dancer learns differently, and to the best of your ability using varying teaching styles to create an inclusive classroom.
· A true desire to make a real impact. You adore working with children and find no greater pleasure than helping to develop their confidence & life skills. You understand that learning occurs when children are having fun, while being presented with healthy challenges and positive encouragement.
· A natural & welcoming approach to forming relationships with parents & dancers. You are warm, approachable, and confident when speaking.
· An efficient and organized work ethic. You love nothing more than to be well-prepared and organized for your classes.
· Boundless energy. You are able to leave your own agenda at the door and enter every class with a fresh sense of excitement and fun. You students feed off your exuberance.
· Commitment to the Team. Our team is the core of everything that happens at The Movement Center. You are generous, creative, and caring towards your fellow team members which unifies and uplifts the entire studio.
· A MUST - The ability to teach classes up to and advanced level in various dance styles. Ability to teach advanced levels of acro and/or tap a plus!
. You seek a long term position with potential for growth.
· Dance degree or equivalent training and 3 years teaching experience preferred.
· Access to a car, reliable transportation.
· Hours of work: Training would begin this school year, with flexible days & hours. Then starting with the September 2023-2024 school year, we are seeking someone at minimum three afternoon/evenings per week Monday - Thursday 15-20 hours per week. In addition, we also have teaching hours available for the summer.
WORKING WITH US
· We provide full, paid training.
· Biweekly pay via direct deposit
· Paid Snow & Sick Days
· Administrative pay for all meetings & additional administrative tasks.
$35 per hour
February/March 2023 for training
If this feels like an opportunity that would make your heart dance, please complete the application found at this link: https://forms.gle/6VYhE8RNjwKM9ScT6
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $35.00 - $40.00 per hour
Work Location: One location
Sports & Recreation
25 - 50
ROBERT L BLANCHARD
$10M - $50M
Sports & Recreation