You haven't searched anything yet.
Executive Director Job Posting
The Liriodendron Foundation seeks an individual with experience and leadership ability in the following areas:
The non-profit Liriodendron Foundation, Inc., - a 501(c)(3) - was established in 1981 to manage the day-to-day operations of the County-owned Liriodendron, an historic property in Bel Air, Maryland. The Liriodendron was originally built in 1898 as a summer home for Dr. Howard Atwood Kelly, his wife Laetitia, and their nine children. Dr. Kelly was a world-renowned surgeon, naturalist, philanthropist, and author, and was one of the founders of Johns Hopkins Medical School and Hospital. The Palladian style mansion and its outbuildings was sold by the Kelly family to Harford County in the late 1970s. The mansion now functions as an events venue and cultural center with artistic and educational exhibits, information and artifacts detailing the history of the Liriodendron and the life and work of Dr. Kelly and his family. The Foundation manages the rental of the Liriodendron for weddings, family celebrations, conferences, and other events and provides year-round concerts, lectures, and other free and low-cost arts, cultural, historical, recreational, and educational programming.
The Executive Director (ED) oversees the daily operations of the Liriodendron Foundation according to the vision and plans developed in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
1. Manages the day-to-day operational functions and supervision of all business and office staff, and volunteers. Delivers detailed financial, business and operation reports to the Board of Directors. Responds to inquiries from the public, answering questions and provides house and grounds tours.
2. Prepares annual budget in coordination with the President, Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer, including forecasting of income from rentals and other sources and estimating expenses for operations of the Foundation and improvements to the facilities. Coordinates with the Assistant Treasurer regarding the tracking of income and expenses throughout the year and prepares budget amendments as necessary.
3. Works with prospective rental parties to secure wedding and event bookings and utilizes venue management software for all aspects of document processing, payment processing and communication. Maintains the event calendar available to all users of the software.
4. Manages hiring, training, supervising, evaluating, and scheduling of administrative support staff and event representatives.
5. Develops marketing and promotion program to keep the Liriodendron in the public eye as a multi-purpose historical and cultural venue with a variety of indoor and outdoor events celebrating the history of the Liriodendron and the Kelly family, music and the arts and as a wedding and event venue. Utilizes online wedding resources such as Wedding Wire and the Knot, print advertising in local media, and social media to market the Liriodendron regionally for wedding and social events.
6. Works with Maintenance Staff to ensure proper maintenance and appearance of the property and coordinate duties required for events and operations. Coordinates with outside service provider for regular cleaning of the facility in accordance with contract.
7. Develops strong relationships with local businesses, local government, the surrounding community, Johns Hopkins University, and other key stakeholders.
8. Coordinates with Business Development Director and Board Members to create and implement arts, cultural, historical, and educational programs to increase new and repeat visitors, including marketing, public relations, and other promotion. May manage specific events and activities.
9. Perform other duties as required to maintain and strengthen the efficiency and mission of the organization.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Bachelor’s Degree in business, management, marketing, communication or related discipline with three years of demonstrated experience, one year of which includes management and supervisory responsibilities OR five years of demonstrated experience in relevant areas, such as hospitality and venue management, budgeting and financial management, marketing and nonprofit management with at least two years of included management and supervisory responsibilities. Experience in nonprofit management is preferred.
Working knowledge of personal computer operations, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Demonstrated ability to learn software program used to manage rental, scheduling and payment for rental events.
Good working knowledge of public relations and the procedures and techniques of marketing and advertising.
Ability to plan, organize and coordinate groups; to schedule staff and volunteers as needed to cover public events and private rentals. Ability to communicate effectively with staff members, volunteers and community groups.
Ability to manage multiple projects, communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to work in conjunction to carry out the direction of the Liriodendron Foundation’s Board of Directors.
Professional Salaried Position - Full Time exempt – paid bi-weekly based on 80 hours
Benefits: Flexible hours (some evenings and weekends required), paid holidays, paid vacation time based on longevity, health insurance subsidy, no other benefits.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $90,000.
Resumes should be forwarded via email. All inquiries are kept confidential.
THE LIRIODENDRON FOUNDATION, INC is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates represented by recruiters need not apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location
Bel Air, MD
If you are interested in becoming an Executive Director, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Executive Director for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Executive Director job description and responsibilities
Executive directors of assisted living facilities work to ensure the effective overall operation of their residences.
02/07/2022: Youngstown, OH
The Executive Director supervises the Associate Director of Stout Online, Associate Director of Professional and Continuing Education and the Associate Director of Partnerships and Educational Pathways.
01/11/2022: Lowell, MA
PAWS will use that time to conduct a search for the next permanent executive director.
12/29/2021: Abilene, TX
The Executive Director may delegate portions of these responsibilities consistent with sound management practices and authorized policies and procedures, together with proportionate authority for their fulfillment, but may not delegate nor relinquish any
02/22/2022: Orlando, FL
Achieving the university's goal of excellence and diversity, the Executive Director will provide leadership for a cohesive and dedicated admissions team and foster strategic planning, analysis, coordination, and communication across Admissions and Aid and
01/12/2022: Richland, WA
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Executive Director jobs
Set clear ground rules for the board and search committee on communication about the search.
01/15/2022: Mobile, AL
provide the opportunity for career development for both traditional and alternative polar and cryosphere professions.
03/04/2022: Santa Barbara, CA
Create an Effective Onboarding Process for the Executive Director.
01/08/2022: Augusta, GA
The exact educational requirements to become an executive director of an assisted living facility can vary by employment setting.
01/05/2022: Portland, OR
To be a competitive candidate, these types of certifications and experience would be useful for a hopeful executive director.
02/20/2022: Kennewick, WA
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Executive Director.