Our first store opened on January 2nd, 1980 in Anaheim CA and since then we have grown to 40 stores in 4 counties: Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, and the Inland Empire. We offer our customers a full service supermarket with a large meat department, bakery, tortilleria and prepared foods in addition to a sizeable section of domestic and imported Latin American grocery goods to provide a Mexican homeland experience. We are always looking for great people to join as a member of the Northgate Family. We look for enthusiastic people with the potential and desire to grow with us. We strive to create a great work environment that is positive and fun; where people have meaningful work, where individuals have a sense of belonging and feel appreciated, valued and secure. If you are passionate about food, are customer focused, team oriented, and want to be a part of our family, we invite you to apply! We offer opportunities for growth, 20% discount for you and one other family member in your household for most purchases made at Northgate and flexible schedules. To learn more, please visit www.northgatemarkets.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS : Education/Experience
- The Associate is responsible for completing in-store food and non-food demonstrations. Acquires and maintains knowledge of products represented. Serves, demonstrates, intercepts consumers and sells products in a professional manner. Maintains an overall professional appearance consistent with the requirements of the job.
- The Associate has a passion for food people and sales
- Result driven
- Possesses the aptitude and ability to gain adequate knowledge of the products represented.
- Has desire and ability to proactively intercept, engage, interact, and sell product to the consumer in a positive manner.
- Can effectively communicate the features and benefits of the product.
- Ability to prepare and serve food samples using small appliances such as microwaves, fryers, skillets, coffee makers and knives.
- Can maintain a clean, sterile and safe work station using cleaning chemicals.
- Maintains a professional appearance consistent with the requirements of the job.
- Properly sets up and prepares Event Table for execution.
- Achieves 100% execution on assigned work.
- Assists with preparation for client visits and completes audit corrections.
- Builds and maintains rapport with store personnel to effectively meet company and client objectives.
- Completes expense reports as per Company Policy.
- May use graphic aids, such as charts, slides, or films, to facilitate demonstration.
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned.
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations Skills Required
- High school diploma preferred but not required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
- High communication skills
- Ability to hear, speak and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages for assistance, to accommodate verbal requests from customers for information or assistance, to answer telephones, and to be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the English and Spanish language with sufficient proficiency in order to read and understand instructions for operating electronic equipment and tools, company handbooks, policies and procedures, and other written job related documents including postings on company bulletin boards.
- Must be able to drive from store to store
The physical demands and work conditions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Education/Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Physical Demands:
The associate will be regularly required to:
- Stand up to 4 hours at a time
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms (including reaching overhead)
- Talk and hear
- Visual ability to read instructions and perform events
- Climb (including use of a 6' ladder)
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds (including occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds)
- Push and pull a wheeled demonstration cart weighing up to 300 pounds fully laden with appliances, supplies and product
- Prepare foods using cooking utensils such as knives, convection oven, fryer, coffee maker, electric fryer, microwaves and hot oils
- Be in contact with cleaning supplies
Individuals must ensure a professional appearance and proper grooming is in order.The associate must present a neat, clean, and appropriately groomed appearance. Specific Retailer Dress code requirements are included in the training documents. In addition, tattoos must not be visible while the associate is engaged in their work assignments. Working Conditions
(environment in which the job is performed):Retail store environment with some travel. IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work environment change.
Truck drivers must be able to pass a standard drug test and qualify as being "drug-free" under the legal and medical guidelines permitted by the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988." All other employees not subject to the U.S. Department of Transportation drug and alcohol rules and comparable state laws, must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, which will not screen for non-psychoactive cannabis metabolites. Northgate Markets is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Northgate Markets will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (Ban the Box Law).