Hybrid in Bay Area, California
Job Tile - Change Management Lead/ Change Lead
We are looking to onboard 4 strong Change Management (CM) Leads to help with 4 different projects at our client site. These projects require a Hybrid presence with 2 days, max of 3 days, on site in Oakland offices.
This resource will be working on a system change projects as Change Lead using and promoting client CM methodology & language.
Project Summary: Our client's technology group is leading 4 different initiatives. Each initiative is being supported by a different SI (System Integrator). Each SI is utilizing their own methods and languages to support change activities. This has resulted in major confusion within the organization. The team therefore has reached out to the Corp Culture team for support.
This means that each CM lead needs to be the conduit who ensures reigning in each SI CM lead in using our client CM Language and methodology used throughout the organization while being the facilitator working with Corp Culture and Technology teams. To do that, you must be able to tactfully influence and lead alignment throughout.
key projects are:
1) SAP S4 Hana: Our client is currently using a VERY old and customized version of SAP. PWC is leading the system integration while KPMG is leading PMO activities with this initiative.
The CM lead for this project MUST have SAP transformation experience and be strong in leading through change ensuring everyone is using client process, procedures, methodologies and tools.
2) Meter to Cash: Our client is redoing their billing system. This includes, how do you bill customers for utility meter systems. Biggest internal client for this role is customer service as billing is generated and managed through that group. The System Integrator for this initiative is Earnest and Young.
The CM lead for this project MUST have customer service transformation experience and be strong in leading through change ensuring everyone is using client process, procedures, methodologies and tools.
3) Next Gen GIS: Geographic Information System (GIS) experience is a huge plus, but not a MUST have. Having Utility work experience is also a plus and will put the candidate higher on client list.
4) ADMS: The ADMS project is very systems heavy technical, and very utility as it deals with electric system. Successful candidate will have backgrounds in electric system reliability, SCADA, or outage management.
General CM Role Requirements:
Client is looking for someone with these skills and characteristics:
- Represent CM on project teams, delivering best practices on Adoption, Change Management, and Training/comms to the Project Leadership
- Interview Key Project Stakeholders and Project Management to determine Adoption metrics and measurements, Training timeline and deliverables, and to plan the Change Management timeline and deliverables, including approval mechanisms
- Maintain Project Plan for Team deliverables on project, updating Project Team and management as appropriate
- Develop, create, and maintain training and comms documents - including Cheat Sheets, presentations, and training scripts – interviewing appropriate project members to determine process inputs for training materials.
- Work with appropriate development teams on Adoption metrics creation and determine documentation process, roles and responsibilities within project team on metric delivery, and delivery communication methods for pre and post launch
- Develop and create timelines and written Communications to project stakeholders, end users, and other project participants
- Effectively own engagement and communication strategies promoting collaboration, ensuring input received is delivered to appropriate teams
- Provide advanced, on-going, new hire, and ad hoc training and comms as requested on supported applications.
- Maintain and update all documentation – such as cheat sheets, training scripts, and training & comms presentations
- Work to constantly improve offerings of Adoption, Change Management, and reaching out to stakeholders to provide bridge for transition
- Become process expert for this transition
- Build strong relationships with business and other counterparts to drive user adoption and deliver effective business solutions
- Change Management experience within a highly dynamic corporate environment with a strong program management and transformation Implementation preferably in the area of process improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail are imperatives
- Ability to self-start, have strong communication, planning, organization and time management skills to effectively develop and execute projects, adoption, and change management deliverables
- Ability to interview and collaborate with client internal organizations, and Senior Management to gather input on stakeholder engagement , change management, and adoption deliverables
- Proficient English speaker and writer, able to effectively communicate, engage stakeholders, create training materials
- Experience working cross-organizationally and within union work environment
- Collaborative attitude
- BS and 5 years experience, prefer 1 year in a project track lead
- Very Strong Business Writing Skills Required.
- Knowledge of Adkar model, Kotter model, TMI or other related best practices
- Nice to have one or preferably more of the following certificates: Prosci, PMI, 6 Sigma