Grelen is looking for a Chef to manage The Casual Cafe.
This person must be a leader who is flexible, organized, professional, trustworthy, and have a positive attitude while working well with others.
The Chef is responsible for ensuring the quality of the product, consistency of the food presentation, proper product handling, and achievement of budget. In addition, bulk ice cream production experience is a plus.
Top candidates are creative, service-oriented and level-headed.
In order to be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- Excellent managerial experience, ambition and leadership skills a must.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, written and oral, a must.
- Ability and willingness to work closely with a managerial team.
- Associates degree from an accredited Culinary school or comparable work experience.
- Minimum 4 years progressive career growth as line cook, banquet cook, Sous Chef; basic baking experience a huge plus
- Technical knowledge in banquet food production and presentation.
- Ability to work with online food service ordering platforms, google and technology.
- Ability to prepare, execute, and deliver multiple catering functions.
- Ability to perform administrative tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability and willingness to work 40hr work week including weekends
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk for minimum 50% of the work day; able to reach and grab. Able to lift boxes/bags.
- Servsafe certified or ability to obtain certification within 30 days of hire.
Some essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Design seasonal menus and determine food specifications (costing) in order to ensure creative menu and acceptable level of food cost is maintained.
- Work with the Catering/Property Management Department to create seasonal menus for small client functions and to help make food for renters at Grelen's Boxwood Villa & Spotswood Lodge
- Design & Present Cooking Classes/workshops
- Lead kitchen staff to ensure proper product handling, preparation procedures, service procedures, customer satisfaction and cost control.
- Conduct routine inspections of all workstations to ensure that health and safety standards are followed and food products are properly stored and rotated and correct if needed.
- Perform administrative tasks: scheduling to ensure high productivity, creating/costing/enacting new foodservice programs. Reporting to owner/GM any last minute changes as dictated by needs.
- Spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Delegate multiple tasks to kitchen staff of three.
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices. Work with marketing to promote the Casual Cafe menus and programs.
- Seasonally, process & promote Grelen grown fruit and veggies by incorporating it into menus and ice cream
- Produce bulk ice cream production to outfit our Cafe, weddings and off-premise outlet.
- Create and use Standardized recipes.
Competitive wages based on qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
Weekly day range:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Somerset, VA 22972: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Culinary experience: 4 years (Required)
- Kitchen management: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person