Job ID: 207782
Location Name: Mississippi Distribution Center
Address: 8500 Nail Road, Olive Branch, MS 38654, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Distribution Center
Is This Position Eligible for Remote? :
The Operations Manager is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the day-to-day operation of an assigned department within the Distribution Center. The emphasis is on managing numerous operational activities to ensure the production floor is working in a balanced and productive fashion with respect to operational and service goals. The Operations Manager must analyze trends, solve problems and motivate and develop themselves and associates in order to maximize contribution to the DC success - typically manages through several Supervisors to achieve results from a large number of hourly associates. The Operations Manager is responsible for the supervision of other exempt and non-exempt staff within the assigned department, including but not limited to, the oversight of safety and housekeeping/sanitation activities and programs. The Operations manager performs other related duties, special projects, or assignments as required.
Essential Functions of Job:
- Demonstrate business leadership throughout the organization by using independent discretion to create, achieve short and long term strategic and tactical plans for the DC guided by broad principles, objectives, and standards
- Own and develop plans for promoting team collaboration and accountability for meeting performance objectives, while building, motivating and leading cross-functional teams across the organization to achieve the objectives of the company.
- Use independent judgment to build and promote free flow of information and communication throughout the organization that will encourage change while maintaining operational success.
- Adapt communication techniques for audiences at multiple levels and uses them to decide appropriate approach to solve for issues.
- Ensure that direct reports have the support they need to effectively manage their departments through proper coaching and development
- Manage a group of exempt supervisors, full time & seasonal associates and temporary personnel to accomplish established goals.
- Contribute to policy and program development through consistent administration and execution of policies/guidelines that effect daily work activities.
- Establish, plan and implement the necessary employee engagement programs required to foster a culture of teamwork and continuous improvement
- Develop preventative measures that analyze quantitative, qualitative and trend data and makes decisions based on this data that will positivity impact productivity.
- Leverage Maintenance, Loss Prevention, Human Resources, Finance, and other key support groups to integrate and align efforts across DC’s and its functions in retail and e-commerce environments.
- Effectively manage the allocation of equipment and labor resources to respective departments to ensure service levels and budgets are consistently met.
- Ensure that quality and accuracy control audits are conducted regularly.
- Prepare various management, productivity, and finance analysis reports in an accurate and timely manner
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the production floor to include Receiving, Outbound/Shipping, Dotcom and Inventory Control.
- Ability to delegate, develop exempt leaders and lead large teams up to 300 associates or more
- Knowledge of distribution operating systems and all aspects of warehouse, production and logistics and transportation-related activities.
- Must be flexible and adaptive to respond to fast paced environment. Must be able to manage multiple tasks against competing priorities.
- Possess proven analytical abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively give and receive feedback in a professional and respectful manner that sets the example for others.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve.
- Possess public speaking skills.
- Successfully role mode teamwork and demonstrate a collaborative approach when working with staff, associates and management.
- Demonstrates Sephora values when interacting with others in the workplace.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule and adhere to the requirement of working any designated shift and overtime as requested per business and operational needs.
- Operations Supervisor and non-exempt associates within assigned department.
- Moderate but varying temperature and humidity in office and warehouse environments
- Must be able to stand, sit, squat, lift and /or walk for the duration of the scheduled shift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- College degree in a logistics-related field, or five to ten years of relevant / related work experience.
- Previous experience in working with a Warehouse Management System (WMS) and/or ability to quickly develop a proficiency in such systems. Knowledge in “JDA” WMS preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Sephora’s goal is to create and nurture a safe and productive work environment for all. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company and insists on creating a space where everyone feels they belong. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.