You haven't searched anything yet.
The Avenue at Macedonia is a Post-Hospital Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Care Facility that offers a distinctive environment not commonly found in skilled nursing facilities. From our hotel-like environment to our all private suites, the Avenue is committed to providing an excellent level of physical, medical, emotional and spiritual support in an environment of comfort and respect. Our facility provides some of the area’s highest level of rehabilitation, nursing and medical support to individuals needing post-hospital care and services. We are looking for a committed individual with a reputation for being cheerful and friendly as they administer care to our residents.
The Unit Manager must be a registered nurse or Licensed practical nurse currently licensed with the State of Ohio. The UM reports directly to the ADON or DON, holding a position of management and consultation with Administrative and Medical Staff. UM is responsible for the delivery of nursing services in the absence of the ADON, communicating directly with the Administrator.
1. Has a genuine interest in geriatric nursing.
2. Able to make sound judgments and decisions.
3. Physically fit, mentally and emotionally stable.
4. Familiar with the policies and procedures of this facility.
5. Communication skills which allow effective and positive interpersonal interactions.
1. Understands, accepts and acts upon the idea that 100% occupied beds determines our success.
2. Makes rounds in all departments and confers with the nursing staff on each unit assigned.
3. Reports to Administrative Office of any problems encountered in making rounds.
4. Informs Administrative Office of changes in residents' conditions.
5. Confers with other department heads and/or consultants as necessary (dietary,
pharmacist, physical therapist, etc.
6. Supervises all levels of nursing personnel on all shifts.
7. Assists with inservice education, staff meeting and orientation as needed.
8. Checks nursing care plans.
9. Follows duties outlined by Director for specific days and/or specific projects.
10. Leaves a written report for Director of Nursing of activities that transpired in absence of the Director.
11. Assists the Director of Nursing in carrying out her responsibilities according to the Director's instructions.
12. Conducts monthly surveys re: resident care status and compiles reports.
13. Handles nursing problems in absence of Director of Nursing.
14. Follow-up of recommendations of consulting pharmacist.
15. When necessary will fill in on floor duty in event of staffing shortage or problems in the facility.
16. Praises and disciplines staff members as required and assists in annual performance evaluation.
a. Performs staff appraisals as directed.
b. Issues warning notices based on performance deficiencies.
c. Assesses staff educational needs as a result of performance deficiencies.
d. Schedules and/or performs inservice education and training to meet these needs.
17. Responsible for Utilization Review activities, including determination of the resident's required level of care, and in accordance with Medicare and Medicaid guidelines.
a. Routine review of Medicare, Skilled Medicaid, and private skilled residents.
b. Check certifications for all types of residents when reviewing all new admissions.
c. Inservice and assist nursing staff regarding documentation of care needed to meet and maintain skilled level of care requirements.
d. Daily updates of resident levels of care changes.
e. Must feel comfortable with employee education and discpline.
18. Will be required to take a weekend rotaion to assist with on call duties / staffing .
19. Must be prpeared to cover nursing needs , incliding off hours , holdays and weekeneds as needed .
San Francisco, CA
The job skills required for Unit Manager include Communication Skills, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Unit Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Unit Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Unit Manager positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As an Unit Manager, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Top Branch Administration Executive that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Unit Manager. You can explore the career advancement for an Unit Manager below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming an Unit Manager, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Unit Manager for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Unit Manager job description and responsibilities
Supervised overall performance of daily collection activities for assigned unit while ensuring compliance with corporate policy and state and federal regulations.
12/26/2021: Springfield, MA
Unit managers are primarily responsible for overseeing the day-to-day patient care, supervising, directing, and developing nursing staff, and reporting to a director of nursing to ensure quality patient care within long-term care centers, skilled nursing
03/03/2022: Saint Cloud, MN
A unit manager typically manages the staff, helps write policy and procedure recommendations and handles administrative duties.
03/14/2022: Rochester, NY
Unit managers are healthcare professionals who supervise and direct nurses, staff and patients within their assigned unit, hospital wing or floor.
01/18/2022: New Orleans, LA
Basically, the unit managers are acting as personal assistants to the floor nurses.
03/01/2022: Minneapolis, MN
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Unit Manager jobs
Unit managers are registered nursing professionals with an undergraduate or graduate degree.
01/29/2022: Huntington, WV
Those Unit Managers who do attend college, typically earn either a Nursing degree or a Business degree.
12/27/2021: Augusta, GA
The daily duties of a unit manager may vary depending on the type of healthcare facility at which they're employed and the type of patients for which they are responsible.
02/27/2022: Seattle, WA
Communication also helps unit manager convey details to their staff efficiently.
01/25/2022: Salt Lake City, UT
Since these roles all differ, unit managers must understand the daily demands and responsibilities of these staff members.
01/17/2022: Milwaukee, WI
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Unit Manager.