Data Governance Lead
Purpose of Role:
The purpose of this role to lead a Data Governance programme across the Division . This includes establishing and maintaining a framework for managing the organization's critical Data Domains (e.g. Customer, Vendor, Product Family). In this role you will work closely group, divisional and regional teams to ensure data quality and compliance. You will also oversee the development and implementation of policies and procedures for data management and usage.
Why choose Weir:
Be part of a global organization dedicated to building a better future: At Weir, the growing world depends on us. It depends on us constantly reinventing, quickly adapting and continually finding better, faster, more sustainable ways to access the resources it needs to thrive. And it depends on each of us doing the best work of our lives. It’s a big challenge – but it is exciting.
An opportunity to grow your own way: Everything moves fast in the dynamic world of Weir. This creates opportunities for us to take on new challenges, explore new areas, learn, progress and excel. Best of all, there is no set path that our people must take. Instead, everyone is given the support and freedom to tailor-make their own career and do the best work of their lives.
Feel empowered to be yourself and belong: Weir is a welcoming, inclusive place, where each individual’s contribution is recognized and all employees are encouraged to innovate, collaborate and be themselves. We continually focus on people and their wellbeing. We believe in fairness and choose to be honest, transparent and authentic in everything we do.
- Develop and maintain data governance policies and procedures for agreed Data Domains (e.g. Customer, Vendor, Product Family)
- Establish data quality standards and ensure adherence to them
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify data-related issues and develop solutions to address them
- Work with a core shared services team / IS team to proactively flag and fix non conforming data
- Lead training and awareness efforts to promote data governance best practices
- Develop and maintain a data governance framework to ensure data-related decisions are made in accordance with organizational goals and objectives
- Demonstrate 100% commitment to our zero harm behaviors in support of our drive towards developing a world class safety culture.
Job Knowledge/Education and Qualifications:
- 3 years of experience in data governance, data management, or related fields
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Understanding of data management principles and best practices
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Founded in 1871, Weir is a world leading engineering business with a purpose to make mining operations smarter, more efficient and sustainable. Thanks to Weir’s technology, our customers can produce essential metals and minerals using less energy, water and waste at lower cost. With the increasing need for metals and minerals for climate change solutions, Weir colleagues are playing their part in powering a low carbon future. We are a global family of 11,000 uniquely talented people in over 60 counties, inspiring each other to do the best work of our lives.
For additional information about what it is like to work at Weir, please visit our
LinkedIn Life Page
.Weir is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.