ZENETEX is a rapidly growing, energetic, and win-focused enterprise supporting Federal government, military, and civilian agencies. We are an organization committed to growth and shared success for all stakeholders; we are customer-driven, mission-focused, and operate with integrity and trust in all relationships.
We are hiring for a Senior Network Engineer to support our government customer based in Springfield, VA. This position is required to be onsite.
The Senior Network Engineer provides subject matter expertise (SME), mentorship and on-the job training, as well as operational support for the technologies (systems, applications, and services) that make up the customer’s IT networking enterprise architecture as part of the Networking and Communications Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team. Specifically, the Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for a variety of engineering and operational assignments related to the designing, deploying, and efficient and optimal operation of business critical enterprise and data center network environments across multiple sets of enterprise-level IT systems in support of the customer’s globally dispersed Remote Office/Branch Office (ROBO) and data center environments.
The Senior Network Engineer will translate stakeholder and Government requirements into network solutions, modifications, and support upgrades (networking, reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation, and testing). The network engineer will also strive to understand the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols in order to provide innovative and new ideas to resolve complex engineering challenges.
The Senior Network Engineer directly supports and oversees the Networking team’s operations and maintenance (O&M) of deployed operational solutions backed by Cisco, Juniper, Riverbed, and SolarWinds. The Senior Network Engineer serves as the highest internal escalation tier for the Networking O&M team providing advanced troubleshooting support and guidance to rapidly assess and remediate challenges in the networking arena that arise. When issues, incidents, and /or problems arise, the Senior Network Engineer drives the situation and oversees the Networking team’s troubleshooting and problem resolution, including Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
The Senior Network engineer is responsible for ensuring the Networking team as a whole produces and maintains documentation of the network systems(s), sub-systems(s), and component(s), in the customer’s IT networking portfolio, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, as well as all other area of secure system life-cycle planning.
The Senior Network Engineer also works directly with the customer’s IT Architecture and Engineering (A&E) team to consistently explore, investigate, research, analyze, and assess new technologies to modernize and improve upon existing networking solutions.
Travel approximately 15% annually.
- Shall be Cisco Certified Networks Professional (CCNP) Data Center certified.
- Shall have 7 or more years of progressive experience successfully leading the employment of network engineering techniques, methodologies, processes, and practices to design, engineer, implement, test, secure, and deliver a variety of enterprise-grade IT networking solutions (systems, applications, and/or services) across multi-platform (Microsoft, *nix, etc.) information systems (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.).
- Shall have 7 or more years of progressive and increasingly complex experience working with enterprise-level Cisco hardware (Catalyst, Nexus, etc.), operating systems (10S, NX-OS, ACI, etc.), and technologies (Voice, Video, Routing, Switching, Security, etc.) across enterprise-grade information systems and networks. This shall include a minimum of 5 or more years or experience working with enterprise-level Cisco-based Routing and Switching technologies (ex. BGP, EJGRP, I,ACP, IISRP, OSPP, PC, QoS, STP, VPC, VRF).
- Shall have 5 or more years of demonstrated understanding and hands-on experience in the following networking concepts: network traffic flow analysis, network management, network topology design, network security, performance, high availability, load balancing, and fault tolerant architectures.
- Shall have 5 or more years of experience working with secure encrypted networking devices (i.e., Taclanes and Border Guards) and communication circuits, protocols, and configurations.
- Shall have 5 or more years of experience working with network-based security technologies such as Next Generation Firewalls and Access Control Lists (ACLs) to secure network traffic at all supplied layers of the OSI Reference Model.
- Shall have 5 or more years of experience designing, engineering, implementing, operating and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Requirement Guides (SRGs) and Security Technical (implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Demonstrated experience providing O&M support (installation, testing, validation, sustainment, upgrading, and decommissioning) as it relates to enterprise networking devices to include: switches, routers, firewalls, encryption devices, copper and fiber-based connectivity.
- Demonstrated experience leading, directing, and evaluating task execution and performance exercising latitude and independence of a globally dispersed team to successfully meet team objectives, goals, and deadlines as expected.
- Demonstrated experience performing advanced troubleshooting techniques, methodologies, processes, and practices to quickly identify and assess an issue, develop the strategy to resolve the issue, implement the resolution, and restore the degraded entity to an operational state all while maintaining concern for the original configuration and the overall Information Security (INFOSEC) posture of the environment.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and assessing networking systems and solutions proactively for performance degradation and tuning and optimization opportunities.
- Shall meet the Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) Network Operations Specialist (441); Intermediate Level for SECNAV M-5239.2 compliance.
- Associate degree from an accredited University OR
- CompTIA Security ce; or
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC); or
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Strongly desired to be CCNP Routing and Switch, CCNP Collaboration, and CCNP Security Certified.
- Technical certificates in other enterprise-level technologies, such as Juniper and Riverbed are also a plus.
- Strong understanding of Cisco data center networking solutions, technologies, and best practices to support in the engineering, design, implementation, and management of modern data center infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of Cisco local and wide area networking (LAN/WAN) solutions, technologies, and best practices to support in the engineering design, implementation, and management of Remote Office/Remote Branch networking requirements as well as smaller purpose-built information systems.
- trong understanding of Cisco networking security solutions, technologies, and best practices to support the secure implementation and sustainment of enterprise network devices in line with information assurance (IA) and security (INFOSEC) compliance, governance, and requirement. Personal experience working with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances (ASA) and like products is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in networking engineering enterprise solutions to directly support a variety of high availability, fault tolerant, disaster recovery, and continuity of operations (COOP) scenarios.
- Demonstrated experience operating and maintaining the Riverbed Steelhead appliance product line to provide WAN Optimization and Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) throughout a globally dispersed WAN.
- Demonstrated experience operating and maintaining Juniper Firewalls to include device installation, setup and configuration, testing, and sustainment of firewall proxy, and VPN rules.
- Demonstrated experience operating, tuning, and troubleshooting Cisco’s Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and TelePresence Management Suite (TMS), and TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS) to support enterprise collaboration (i.e., Voice and Video) services across a WAN.
- Demonstrated experience working with software-based configuration management solutions capable of documenting, storing and on-demand deployment of pre-generated reviewed, and approved network device configurations such as SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM).
- Demonstrated experience providing mentorship and On the Job Training (OJT) to junior and/or lesser experienced team members.
- Demonstrated experience working with advanced Cisco Data Center technologies such as the Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) and/or Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) to support Software Defined Networking (SDN), Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), and Secure Multi-Tenancy enterprise solutions.
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD TS/SCI clearance with the ability to obtain a CI Poly is required.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.