Definition: To serve the guest by providing them with a welcome environment and ensuring complete satisfaction through superior food product and quick, friendly and superior service.
Essential Job Qualifications:
1. Extend a warm and friendly greeting to ALL guests.
2. Explain menu items and answer product questions as raised by guests.
3. Take guests orders accurately.
4. Relay the correct order to kitchen personnel.
5. Accept payment from guests and make change correctly.
6. Operate the cash register and be responsible for cash receipts.
7. Present orders to guests properly with all necessary items.
8. Thank each guest for their business.
9. Count the change back at the beginning of each shift to verify accuracy.
10. Stock adequate supplies behind counter and in dining area.
11. Prep drinks and assist in kitchen as needed to continue smooth flow of the operation.
12. Clean all guests’ areas including restrooms.
13. Alert managers whenever front of house equipment malfunctions.
14. Remove trash from the receptacles and place at rear of building.
****All cashiers and front of house employees must have an outgoing personality, good communication and math skills, natural ability to smile, and good telephone skills. You must be anxious to please the guests and have good judgment skills to make as pleasant an experience as possible for our guests. You must greet the guests before they are able to speak to you and maintain a good appearance. The preceding job description is only a general summary of duties expected by the employee.
1,000 - 3,000
ZACH W MCLEROY
$50M - $200M
Restaurants & Catering Services
Zaxbys owns and operates a chain of restaurants that sells meals, appetizers, soups, sandwiches, pasta, desserts and beverages.
If you are interested in becoming a Cashier, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Cashier for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Cashier job description and responsibilities
A cage cashier records all financial transactions with utmost accuracy and efficiency, ensuring transactions' legitimacy to avoid delays and complications.
02/18/2022: Cheyenne, WY
Cashiers work under a supervisor, Retail Manager, or other team leaders.
12/12/2021: Youngstown, OH
The main responsibilities of a cashier are handling cash and other types of payments and providing the correct change.
01/24/2022: Melbourne, FL
Seasonal cashiers work during a specific time period and are considered temporary workers.
11/27/2021: Alamogordo, NM
The cashier must be capable of using their store’s cash register software to check out a customer’s order, build their receipt and accept their payment.
02/02/2022: Saint Louis, MO
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Cashier jobs
The basic duties of a cashier also require a high level of efficiency and accuracy.
12/31/2021: Newark, NJ
Earn a high school diploma or an equivalent.
01/26/2022: San Jose, CA
Since working as a general cashier does not require specialized skills, cashiers do not earn a great deal of money.
01/15/2022: Rockford, IL
The register screen shows the cashier how much change should be given to the customer.
12/25/2021: Memphis, TN
Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
01/11/2022: Binghamton, NY
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Cashier.