CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATIONS: 02/09/2023
JOB LOCATION: YMCA-Aurora
HOURS/DAYS SCHEDULE: Part time, days, evenings & weekends
RATE OF PAY: Based on experience, also, flat rate commission on all personal training sessions sold.
The Personal Trainer, working as part of the Health and Wellness Team, will deliver professional customer service, and relationship building skills to create a welcoming environment at the YMCA. The incumbent will demonstrate experience in providing excellent service; providing instruction on strength and cardiovascular equipment which contributes to each members health and wellness goals. The incumbent will assist with the attraction and retention of members through their daily interaction and the program delivery. The incumbent will also exhibit the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all aspects of their work with the YMCA.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Personal Trainer, working as part of the Wellness Center team within Community Integrated Health and Lifestyle Medicine Department, will deliver professional customer service, and relationship building skills to create a welcoming environment. The successful candidate will demonstrate experience in providing excellent service; providing instruction on strength and cardiovascular equipment while developing exercise programs to meet the needs of each members health and wellness goals.
1. While on the floor communicate with members offering suggestions to enhance member workouts, and correcting form when appropriate.
2. Provide equipment and strength orientations following the guidelines set by the CIH/Lifestyle Medicine Department.
3. Ensure safety, cleanliness and maintenance of facilities, grounds and equipment to minimize risk to members, participants and the Association.
4. Provide one on one personal training and small group training sessions to meet the needs of members.
5. Follow all YMCA procedures and policies, personnel guidelines, safety guidelines, facility access procedures and membership policies. Carry out emergency plans as necessary.
6. Administer off-site personal training sessions to corporate partners as necessary.
7. Be dressed in appropriate YMCA uniform including ID badge.
8. Attend and remain current on all mandatory trainings and staff meetings.
9. Accurately maintain records and ensure proper tracking of client information.
10. Ensure the safety and enjoyment of all members and guests in our facility.
11. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LEADERSHIP MINDSET AND BEHAVIORS:
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Strong communication, customer service and problem solving skills.
2. Ability to actively listen.
3. Experience and knowledge of computers.
4. Possess a positive and professional attitude.
5. A national strength trainer certification, or degree.
6. Current BLS (Basic Lifesaving Skills/AED), First Aid and Emergency Oxygen certification
7. A willingness to commit to the mission of the YMCA.