Germiphene knows infection control. Starting over 70 years ago servicing the needs of the dental industry with our extensive product range; from disinfection, cleaning, instrument care, oral health, and hand care. Our drive for continued improvement is a daily commitment shown through new product development, strict quality standards and nurturing customer relationships. This has given us a strong foundation to grow our market to provide disinfection products, and hand sanitizers for all healthcare communities, and other government agencies.
We are innovators & manufacturers.
We are professionals.
We are educators.
We are exporters.
We are responsible.
We are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team.
Currently we are looking for a General Manager
The General Manager, Germiphene, will provide leadership, management, and vision to deliver profitable growth and ensure exceptional customer experience for the Germiphene business unit. The GM will serve as the overall site/facility leader with full P&L responsibility, and the role will include primary focus on: ideating and executing product strategy; developing and implementing unique and appropriate sales, marketing, and go-to-market strategies; driving sales and marketing execution; ensuring operational excellence compliant with regulatory standards; and leveraging resources for optimal market deployment and customer coverage. He/she will partner across Young’s matrixed organization to align site practices to corporate or functional area strategies and objectives.
- Sales and Marketing – Drive profitable sales growth, above-market performance, and exceptional customer experience for all Germiphene product lines. Develop and implement value-driving go-to-market strategies which place Germiphene at the forefront of our customers’ purchasing decisions and generate clear and ongoing competitive advantages for the business.
- Implement and oversee all commercial sales and clinical education programs.
- Track, analyze, and report on relevant commercial measures and metrics.
- Develop brand strategy, marketing initiatives, and other lead-generating strategies and partner with Young’s Marketing and Clinical Education teams in the execution of same.
- Partner with Special Markets Account Manager and Young’s Special Markets team to ensure ongoing alignment of Germiphene’s and Young’s Special Markets selling and customer support efforts.
- Partner with Young’s Rest-of-World (ROW) sales team to ensure alignment between Germiphene’s domestic and ROW selling strategy. Act as the commercial liaison between the ROW team and Germiphene’s site operations, driving consensus relative to forecasts, product availability, and pursuit or non-pursuit of new regulatory pathways.
- Product – Ensure Germiphene’s product catalog profitably meets customer/market needs. Recommend and implement product line expansion opportunities and partner with Germiphene R&D and/or Young’s Sourcing teams to execute. Drive product line rationalization initiatives. Develop, adjust (as needed), and implement pricing strategies to maximize margin opportunity. Assess evolving market landscape to develop future product roadmaps.
- Partner with Young’s Product team to ensure consistency in application across the full Young portfolio.
- Operations and Quality – Ensure excellence in operational performance for Germiphene manufacturing, distribution, and supply chain activities and initiatives.
- Partner with Germiphene’s and Young’s Operations and Supply Chain teams in the development and execution of operational strategies which both maintain and optimize the effectiveness and profitability of Germihene’s operating activity.
- Partner with Germiphene’s and Young’s Quality and Regulatory teams to ensure compliance to all requirements.
- Develop, implement, and report on Germiphene operating plans, budget, and financial results.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team; attract, develop, and retain A players; provide coaching and mentorship to direct reports and throughout the organization.
- Optimize and maintain an accountability- and results-driven culture with clear and concise reporting on successes and opportunities for improvement, focusing on actions and implementation within the appropriate investment timeline.
- Follow the responsibilities as outlined in the Ontario Health and Safety Act
- Demonstrate at all times behaviors consistent with corporate values.
- Stays abreast of industry, market, and competitive landscape changes which may impact the business and develops plans to capitalize on opportunities.
- Represents the company to governmental agencies, financial institutions and business community for the purpose of developing and promoting the company's interests.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to meet company objectives.
- College or University Degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or a related field from an accredited institution.
- 10 years of broad general management experience (sales, marketing, product, operations) driving profitable performance in a fast-paced environment required.
- 5 years in a management/leadership capacity required.
- Previous experience in building, growing and scaling ‘A player’ teams required.
- Previous experience in dental, pharmaceutical, medical device, or other similar industries preferred.
- Expansive knowledge of selling, marketing, product management, and operations strategies, with the ability to implement appropriate solutions to achieve profitable above-market growth.
- Strong financial and business acumen, with the ability to link initiatives to the bottom-line success of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills in support of metrics-, data- and process-oriented objectives; ability to succinctly report on critical measures and market details to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent creative problem solving skills with the ability to ideate unique solutions to customer opportunities or concerns.
- Demonstrated success as a people leader, including the ability to: set and gain buy-in for strategic direction and vision; attract, hire, retain, and develop key/critical leaders and staff; and establish an engaging culture of ‘driving to win’, accountability, quality, and customer focus.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent computer skills with notable proficiency in ERP tools, CRM software and MS office suite.
- Strong project management skills.
- A clear ‘bias for action’ and sense of urgency to operate within a fast-paced and entrepreneurially minded organization.
- A willingness and ability to display a ‘roll up the sleeves’ approach, engaging in driving tactical execution when necessary.
- Able to use a personal computer and spend several hours sitting and using office equipment and computers.
- Some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, including internationally.
- Office environment and occasional exposure to manufacturing plant environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
Direct reports include: Sales Team (private practice), Customer Operations Manager (and team), Manager of Education, and Marketing Team
Note: In compliance with AODA legislation, if you require an accommodation during any part of the recruitment process please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our position, however only those receiving consideration will be contacted.