Job Location: Bounds Family YMCA - Daphne, AL
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Instructs individual member clients as well as groups of clients, provides excellent service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Serve as role model to members and Y staff and, at all times, live the mission, vision, and values of the YMCA movement.
- Introduce self to members and sell yourself as a Personal Trainer. Maintain a positive attitude and act in a professional manner with interacting with all members, program participants and other staff at all times.
- Ensure client has completed all necessary paperwork before starting training program.
- Knowledge and ability to perform accurate fitness/health evaluations on all clients.
- Conducts energizing, fun, safe, and educational training sessions.
- Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Able to train to all abilities and provide modifications for those looking for higher/lower intensity and ensure all clients feel welcome and appreciated.
- Stay within scope of practice with all exercise and nutritional recommendations.
- Keeps accurate member client attendance records.
- Maintain phone and/or email contact with clients/members.
- Maintain current personal training certifications and CPR/AED/FIRST AID certifications.
- Report any accidents or member concerns to supervisor immediately and complete all incident reports as needed.
- Return all equipment and supplies to proper location after each sessions and ensure clients are treating equipment properly to prevent damage, accidents and spread of disease.
- Attend all required staff meetings/events.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- National Personal Training Certification required (AFAA, ACE, NETA, NSCA, NASM, or ACSM); Bachelors Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or other related field with personal training certification preferred.
- Current CPR/FIRST AID/AED certification.
- Certification in areas of expertise.
- Must possess a working knowledge of fitness trends and physical education skills.
- Must have experience in strength training principals and general health enhancement.
- At least one year of personal training experience preferred.